predictions, because i didn't know what thread to go to...

i have my feelings on which way the bills will go in the 1st rd. i think they are prepared for a number of scenarios.

i've heard all the interviews on the radio with mcbeane etc. my gut feelings are this...

1. as of the tyrod trade with cle. and getting the 1st pick in the 3rd, the bills have a tentative deal with the browns to move to no. 4.

the browns got tt to give sam darnold time. the bills will give them back pick 65 and/or next years 1st to move to that spot and take mayfield.

2, the giants will take either rosen or barkley. they will not trade out of this spot.

3, . indy will not trade out of this spot if barkley falls to them. they also have their eyes on chubb. however, if they start getting suitors...which they will, mcbeane is prepared to offer next year's 1st and shaq lawson to get mayfield.

4. cle. they will move this pick with buffalo as per no.1 above. the bills get mayfield.

5. buffalo is stuck with pick 12.  in this case, they can do a number of things. maybe josh allen is still there. maybe they take r. smith or vita vea. maybe they trade back and gain picks for this year or next. they could gain a 2019 1st if they go back far enough and draft rudolph at 22 plus keep almost all of their picks.

this gm has his sh!!t together! not only do we have a qb in a.j. capable of having us compete for the division this year, but we also may land a future franchise guy as well. the absolute worst case scenario is that he kicks the hell out of this draft and really bolsters the roster.

there is no losing out, no misses and every base is covered. these guys are genius in how they are handling things. i never would have dreamed that we'd go from  brandon/ whaley incompetency to a first class run organization.

i can't predict exactly how things will play out, but if i had to bet money, i would bet we get the no. 4 pick and take baker mayfield. we are without a doubt going to the playoffs this year and may very well end up with more than one capable starting qb that will land us huge dividends in the future. i have not been this excited since the sb years!

Edited by billsredneck1

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bills move up to #2 in trade with Giants and select Josh Rosen.  Give up two 1sts (12 and 22), a 2nd (53), 3rd (65), and next year's 2nd.

I don't think it'll take two 2nds. I think itll be something like two 1sts (12 and 22), a 2nd, and a 3rd and they may deal next years 2nd or 3rd rather than this years just to keep current draft picks

Edited by What a Tuel

Completely off topic, but going along the lines of your first point. I watched the press conferences with Tyrod in Cleveland. As glad as i am that we've moved on from Tyrod, it was strange to watch him with another team. Still feels like he's a bill in some way. Anyway, the bills have to pick the qb they feel is gonna be the answer for years to come, whether that's the 4th overall pick or pick 22. Whatever they do, just don't settle on getting any qb. Make sure you know this guy can compete for a championship 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Bills move up to #2 in trade with Giants and select Josh Rosen.  Give up two 1sts (12 and 22), a 2nd (53), 3rd (65), and next year's 2nd.

they are not going to give up this years picks nor will they have to... and even if someone moves to 2 for rosen so be it, he's not our fit anyways....which drops barkley to the colts..so no trade will be made there.

39 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Wait. You think the Browns will trade pick 65 for pick 4?? Or next years first. I cant even read the rest. Still trying to 'the process' that statement.

they will take 65 back and next years 1st. beane is not going to deal all this year's picks.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

the giants are not going to deal the 2nd pick if they have rosen or barkley to pick from. the browns will take darnold no.1