OJ Simpson Talks Bills

1 minute ago, Leonhart2017 said:

That is an excellent point possibly without Ralph’s shrewdness and business sense there would not be an AFL-NFL merger let alone a Bills team today.

Wilson was a smart and shrewd businessman when it came to the AFL, he actually helped run the league more like owners today where year to year losses weren't the biggest deal as long as the league sustained growth and more importantly took market share from the NFL. Ralph pushed the overall health of the league as his goal was more important than making money right away. His goal of establishing a merger with the NFL was very clear in my mind. 

I don't know why that after he got the merger he pretty much stopped running the team in such a macro manner and pretty much ran it as though if one season where he lost money would ruin him. It was kind of odd with the way he helped run the AFL. But I guess he figured that once he had gotten to the NFL the team needed to be fiscally solvent to remain in the league. 

The Buffalo News is over.

Good job Tim Graham and and Josh Barnett. You finished it off. Its very sad.

There is being a journalist, and then there is being empty inside. Wow. Im stunned that TBN would sink so low. I should have known with your Sully and your Bucky and your lazy , lazy reporting. Oh well stupid me. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I never idolized any actors, musicians, astronauts, basketball or baseball players as a kid.  I only ever had one idol growing up: OJ Simpson.  His amazing talent on the field was matched by his class off it.

Now I can't stand the turd.  

Kind of cool, I suppose, that Tim Graham and the BN landed an interview with him.

I went to every home game when he ran for 2000 in '73, had a big poster of him on my wall. I wouldn't say he was my idol, but I was a big fan. Now I think it is an embarrassment that he is on the wall. What a piece of **** he turned out to be.

2 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I know he is an infamous figure but he does give some insights into Ralph in the 60’s and 70’s in his first interview since getting out of prison. The qoute where he says Ralph declared he didn’t want a championship that would mean giving all the players a raise is believable. 

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/16/the-o-j-simpson-interview-on-prison-retirement-and-football/

Thanks Ralph.

He was the greatest football player I ever saw.  The first year Rich Stadium opened, I was a freshman at UB and I got a job as a vendor at the stadium.  That was 1973, the year he broke 2000 yards in 14 games.  There were times when he was just unstoppable. 

I think he did kill his wife and her boyfriend.

How to reconcile those is a puzzle.  I no longer have the sense of honor that I had for him, as a trailblazing black man who transcended sports.  I respect him as an athlete and that's all.  So maybe my answer is not to reconcile those facts at all.  I just acknowledge they're two aspects of a single person,.

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He was the greatest football player I ever saw.  The first year Rich Stadium opened, I was a freshman at UB and I got a job as a vendor at the stadium.  That was 1973, the year he broke 2000 yards in 14 games.  There were times when he was just unstoppable. 

I think he did kill his wife and her boyfriend.

How to reconcile those is a puzzle.  I no longer have the sense of honor that I had for him, as a trailblazing black man who transcended sports.  I respect him as an athlete and that's all.  So maybe my answer is not to reconcile those facts at all.  I just acknowledge they're two aspects of a single person,.

I have no idea why people can't understand that on one hand, OJ was a tremendous sports hero in his day and one of the best few Bills of all time...and on the other, a scumbag who brutally murdered two people.

Humans are complex creatures and most are filled with contradictions.  

I don't recall anyone ever saying that "The Wall" exists to honor well-rounded human beings in all aspects of their lives.  

I'm pretty sure it exists to stand witness to the greatest Buffalo Bill football players of all time.

You can't change history; OJ belongs on the Wall.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have no idea why people can't understand that on one hand, OJ was a tremendous sports hero in his day and one of the best few Bills of all time...and on the other, a scumbag who brutally murdered two people.

Humans are complex creatures and most are filled with contradictions.  

I don't recall anyone ever saying that "The Wall" exists to honor well-rounded human beings in all aspects of their lives.  

I'm pretty sure it exists to stand witness to the greatest Buffalo Bill football players of all time.

You can't change history; OJ belongs on the Wall.  

No he doesn't.

why cant OJ just fade away already?

he shouldnt be given the time of day at this point.

although,  when i heard he believes he has CTE,  didnt surprise me.   makes you wonder if the violent outbursts/lack of control associated with the disease played a role in his past actions.