Patriots Signing DE Adrian Clayborn and RB Jeremy Hill

I’m usually not the “watch him go crazy on the Patriots” guy but Hill scares me there. He has a lot of ability. He’s an idiot (google the sucker punch in college) but he has a lot more ability than most of the guys that they have had. It reminds me a little of Corey Dillon there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill was a 1k back with 10 TDs. I hate that.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m usually not the “watch him go crazy on the Patriots” guy but Hill scares me there. He has a lot of ability. He’s an idiot (google the sucker punch in college) but he has a lot more ability than most of the guys that they have had. It reminds me a little of Corey Dillon there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill was a 1k back with 10 TDs. I hate that.

Hard to see it with Burkhead and White still on the scene.  What happens to Gillislee?

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hard to see it with Burkhead and White still on the scene.  What happens to Gillislee?

Hill is a lot more talented than all of those guys. I suspect White fills the Lewis role, Burkhead loses touches to Hill, and Gillislee is out. Hill will have a role very similar to the one that he had early in Cincinnati with Bernard. White will play the role of Bernard. I may be wrong but this is a little concerning to me.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Hill is a lot more talented than all of those guys. I suspect White fills the Lewis role, Burkhead loses touches to Hill, and Gillislee is out. Hill will have a role very similar to the one that he had early in Cincinnati with Bernard. White will play the role of Bernard. I may be wrong but this is a little concerning to me.

Give him the ball in a crucial playoff game and he might cough it up like he did in CIN.  Color me as not concerned. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought the Bills might be in on Clayborn. Be interested to see what he gets compared to what we paid Murphy. 

I know the names don't say so but I bet Murphy was their first option. They were reportedly one of the 3 final teams in his pursuit. 

Clayborn will be more costly , Murphy has the potential to be a beast and is known to be vocal, with alot of heart. Typical Pat guy, now turning into a typical Bills guy with the process

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Give him the ball in a crucial playoff game and he might cough it up like he did in CIN.  Color me as not concerned. 

They typically add overachievers with a lower ceiling. I’m not going to go through the list but there are lots. Hill happens to be a talented runner. He is much more gifted as a ball carrier than the guys they’ve had for a while. I’d prefer they keep adding “try hard” guys instead of talent. They seem to maximize just about everyone. 

37 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I know the names don't say so but I bet Murphy was their first option. They were reportedly one of the 3 final teams in his pursuit. 

Clayborn will be more costly , Murphy has the potential to be a beast and is known to be vocal, with alot of heart. Typical Pat guy, now turning into a typical Bills guy with the process

Looks like Clayborn is actually a bit cheaper but a shorter term deal. Not surprised the Pats were in on both they need to add pass rushers. I haven't actually followed Murphy that much in the league but I liked him out of college sure he has some value. 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Looks like Clayborn is actually a bit cheaper but a shorter term deal. Not surprised the Pats were in on both they need to add pass rushers. I haven't actually followed Murphy that much in the league but I liked him out of college sure he has some value. 

I haven't followed Murphy either but i checked out what they were saying on Skins boards n Twitter.

Every fan wanted him. It was just a money thing and they have 2 good pass rushers.

High motor, lengthy, athletic , fierce and hungry player that loves the game.

In 16 he also had 3 FF on 9 sacks and many articles and comments regarding him as the most consistent defensive player that year.

Skins anticipated him being a huge part on D in 17 and unfortunately got hurt. We're getting a legit pass rusher/ very good complement to Hughes and didn't have to break the bank. His ceiling is very high.

• Like (+1) 1

Clayborn isn't anything to be worried about. Out of the total 9.5 sacks he had last year, 6 of them came in one game against the Dallas Cowboys backup LT. He's been fair to below average otherwise. 

I liked Hill coming out of LSU, but he hasn't done much either. This doesn't mean he will not turn into the Pats new version of Blount because he very well could. That Pats OL does look a bit weaker these days though. Until he shows anything on the field I will still call this a meh signing as well.