Patriots Signing DE Adrian Clayborn and RB Jeremy Hill

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m usually not the “watch him go crazy on the Patriots” guy but Hill scares me there. He has a lot of ability. He’s an idiot (google the sucker punch in college) but he has a lot more ability than most of the guys that they have had. It reminds me a little of Corey Dillon there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill was a 1k back with 10 TDs. I hate that.

I wouldn't lose sleep over Jeremy Hill. The Bengals thought so much of him that they drafted Joe Mixon in the second round to replace him.

Have you watched him run the last two years? 3 speeds- Slow, slower, slowest. 

As far as a Corey Dillon comp? I don't see it. Dillon was a beast!!  Incredible production, a work horse back for many seasons,. Hill had a phenomenal half season as a rookie and has not been any more than average since.

Not to mention that New England's offense has evolved quite a bit since then 2006. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m usually not the “watch him go crazy on the Patriots” guy but Hill scares me there. He has a lot of ability. He’s an idiot (google the sucker punch in college) but he has a lot more ability than most of the guys that they have had. It reminds me a little of Corey Dillon there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hill was a 1k back with 10 TDs. I hate that.

He can't catch though, right?  Wasn't that the knock on him.  He's slow too.  I'm not quite sure how they're going to use him, he's not really a bruiser either.  He's just kind of an all around below average back right now.  I'd much rather have Ivory - an equally boring back at this point - for the character and veteran leadership alone. 

53 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

I wouldn't lose sleep over Jeremy Hill. The Bengals thought so much of him that they drafted Joe Mixon in the second round to replace him.

Have you watched him run the last two years? 3 speeds- Slow, slower, slowest. 

As far as a Corey Dillon comp? I don't see it. Dillon was a beast!!  Incredible production, a work horse back for many seasons,. Hill had a phenomenal half season as a rookie and has not been any more than average since.

Not to mention that New England's offense has evolved quite a bit since then 2006. 

Corey Dillon was a horse who easily belongs in the tier just below the Hall of Fame.  Jeremy Hill finished his fourth season 3rd on the depth chart.  There's no comparison, I couldn't agree more.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They typically add overachievers with a lower ceiling. I’m not going to go through the list but there are lots. Hill happens to be a talented runner. He is much more gifted as a ball carrier than the guys they’ve had for a while. I’d prefer they keep adding “try hard” guys instead of talent. They seem to maximize just about everyone. 

Did they maximize Gillislee?

Nope. We did.

• Like (+1) 2

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Pats are swinging and missing with a lot of their moves dating back to last offseason, but none of them have been all that impressive.  Gillislee was definitely a flop.  Interesting to hear all the speculation about players simply not enjoying being there.