Number 1 WR Jordan Matthews Still Looking for a Job

we all ? knew we were in dire need of upgrading across the WR line up.

When he mentioned his expectations to be a #1 and semi blaming the Eagles for his poor performance last year was enough for me.

Best wishes !

Good Guy , just not good enough

Larry Fitz has been playing the slot the last few years. Perhaps Mike McCoy is going to move him back outside and put Matthews in the slot? I think he is a good fit for the what they want to do and he will likely have a million catches playing with Fitzgerald. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Number 1 WR Jordan Matthews Still Looking for a Job

I think he's an excellent wide receiver and would be happy if he re-signed with us. I think he was hobbled for all of 2017.

But something tells me there was a falling out of sorts between he and the coaching staff/front office. Not sure why I feel that way...

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think he's an excellent wide receiver and would be happy if he re-signed with us. I think he was hobbled for all of 2017.

But something tells me there was a falling out of sorts between he and the coaching staff/front office. Not sure why I feel that way...

I got that vibe as well. 

He stinks and the market is proving that true. The Eagles had him as 4 on their depth chart and threw him in on the trade. He can’t separate at all.

Remember when people here thought he was an “upgrade to Sammy?” One guy got 3 years $48M with $30M guaranteed and the other guy is sitting out there probably staring at a vet minimum deal. I guess NFL GMs are smarter than TBD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He stinks and the market is proving that true. The Eagles had him as 4 on their depth chart and threw him in on the trade. He can’t separate at all.

Remember when people here thought he was an “upgrade to Sammy?” One guy got 3 years $48M with $30M guaranteed and the other guy is sitting out there probably staring at a vet minimum deal. I guess NFL GMs are smarter than TBD. 

I think you're right, the fact that Sammy and Matthews already are on their third team in five years does speak to what you are saying.

Edited by Magox