3-19: UFA LB Will Compton Visiting the Bills - Signs with Titans

10 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why would you want this guy?  no size no speed and there are much better players available.  Please do not sign this guy

Coaches and reporters that cover Washington say otherwise.  There was a drop off when he wasn't on field.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why would you want this guy?  no size no speed and there are much better players available.  Please do not sign this guy

He would provide good depth. Not saying I want him as our starting MLB, but I'll certainly take Compton on a cheap contract over the guys we already have on roster (-Milano). 

Edited by Bills4life1924

Buffalo has spent most of their cap room.  They need to save some for the draft and injuries during the season.  At this point they will be looking for role players, depth players and guys with upside that can be had on the cheap because of injury or some perceived deficiency.  So the guy is not Luke Keukly.  Buffalo is going to draft a middle linebacker.  This guy will be able to play some and mentor the rookie.  Sounds like a plan to me.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Guy is probably the smartest guy on the field at all times. He really puts in work I'm the film room. Knows how to diagnose a defense perfectly and makes great audibles. He is a true QB of the defense. Not only his his football IQ high but he is a great leader and locker room presence. Sure athletically and size he is not ideal... But I'm comfortable with Compton leading the defense. As long as we have athletic players around him. Compton always knows were to be on the field... Sure there will be times when he can't get to the location on time but I'll gladly add a player like him who gives 110% effort on every play and knows what's coming so we can audible to a correct defensive play call. He is a typical McDermott guy... Especially being a captain. Sean would trust him to call the plays for his defense

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Guy is probably the smartest guy on the field at all times. He really puts in work I'm the film room. Knows how to diagnose a defense perfectly and makes great audibles. He is a true QB of the defense. Not only his his football IQ high but he is a great leader and locker room presence. Sure athletically and size he is not ideal... But I'm comfortable with Compton leading the defense. As long as we have athletic players around him. Compton always knows were to be on the field... Sure there will be times when he can't get to the location on time but I'll gladly add a player like him who gives 110% effort on every play and knows what's coming so we can audible to a correct defensive play call. He is a typical McDermott guy... Especially being a captain. Sean would trust him to call the plays for his defense

You can only have so many of these high motor low skill level guys on your team,  he coming here because no other team is interested.  That is fact

55 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

A healthy 2017 and this guy is probably a top FA.  I wonder what him and the Bills are looking for.  I wouldn't want a one year deal with Compton.  Make it at least a 2 year deal.

How no deal 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You can only have so many of these high motor low skill level guys on your team,  he coming here because no other team is interested.  That is fact

How about no deal 

11 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

How no deal 

That's the thing... He isn't just a high motor guy. He became a starter because of his football IQ. There are two positions were I find IQ to be more important than everything else. One is obviously QB... The other is MLB. He makes others around him better by putting them in position to make plays. So yes he may be slow to a location every once in awhile... But he will also change the play call and make sure that the defense as a whole will be put in a position to get the stop.

Just look at what we had with Rex Ryan... He had a hugely talented team but that team had no we're near the IQ as McDermotts team. We will add athletic players in the draft but we currently have a ton of holes and not much money... So a player like Compton would be a smart addition. That doesn't mean we are desperate at the position and we don't have to break the bank.

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Sounds good, but we had a QB on offense that sported similar traits.

42 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

What happened to that crazy white LB from Clemson on their national championship team in?  Let's bring him in.  

I don't know about any LB's from Clemson, but Robert Woods is ****ing crazy. :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He went to Nebraska. "The Harvard of Lancaster County." 

What's all this based on?

Compton seems like a guy with all of these great intangibles and has some good film playing inside in a 3-4. I'm not sure if he is big enough to play Mike in a 4-3, but he's really just a couple of pounds lighter than Luke Kuechly. He's a couple of inches shorter, so maybe a bit more stocky.

He he looks very athletic on paper. Perhaps McDermott can help take his game to the next level. It's worth a shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone that doesn’t like him are the same people who would have said...

Why Poyer? He’s terrible, so is Hyde. I can’t believe when traded down for Tre White.....

Plus he’s gonna play in the Milano role vs MLB.... like I said, he’s a better Humber

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2