Free Cows on I86

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

i'm not sure who would be more interested Boyst or Mr Smokey (Gugny), but round em up!

http://www.mytwintiers.com/news/local-news/tractor-trailer-hauling-cows-overturns-on-i-86-some-livestock-die-in-crash/1050771805

Wonderinh the street?  Nice.   Idiots.

I hate seeing **** like this. Has to be hell on those cows.  And those that survive will probably die in a week or so.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I hate seeing **** like this. Has to be hell on those cows.  And those that survive will probably die in a week or so.

Where that is they aren't wandering the streets but I hear you and agree. When I came home west bound the dot flashing signs were still out to watch for cattle. Just a very sad situation.

40 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Where that is they aren't wandering the streets but I hear you and agree. When I came home west bound the dot flashing signs were still out to watch for cattle. Just a very sad situation.

40 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

There was a typo.  They said wondering the streets. Not wandering. They must have went to Syracuse.

48 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

My aunty is the vet for the ranches around here and her #1 grumble are the idiots who don't know how to operate a trailer...the amount of cows and horses that get dumped on the road because some guy forgot to latch the gate or took a bad turn going too fast is damn sad. 

I hit a deer on I86 about 15 years ago ... did about $5k damage to my car.  Hitting a cow at highway speeds could be fatal not just to the bovine since Holsteins tend to be much taller and a lot heavier than a deer, and beefers are significantly heavier.   Livestock wandering loose on the roadways is a major hazard of driving on back roads in rural Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties, especially in Amish country.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, /dev/null said:

I agree, what a waste.  Some T-bone, porterhouse, some ribeye, maybe even some prime rib

Now they're just Taco Bell "meat"

Really?  Couldn't make the obvious "ground beef" joke?

14 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Epilogue... Driver feel asleep and the cows that survived were put down.

Pre tenderized beef.  

On 3/16/2018 at 8:57 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

I've actually seen that on a highway out towards Winchester Va.  A bunch of cows got look from their fields and the DOT put up warning signs a few years ago.