D Jeremiah: Bills #1 team likely to draft a QB. Hears we like Allen

DJB

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

All this chatter about Allen makes me think they actually may been talking about him being "their guy"--that is, before they went and swung the trade up to #12.   

However, now that that's occurred, I suspect they'll move their sights higher, given that they have the draft capital to go up and get one of the Big Three...  

...funny how Brylcream Mel had Allen #1 on his board and WTF's littered the landscape......now he's becoming the hot topic........Bo knows but not sure about Mel.....

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It gives me flashbacks to 2013 when everyone and their mother thought the Bills were all in on Nassib. We also just signed a backup QB and have no one you could classify as a bridge. The writing is on the wall. We'll take pro-ready Josh Rosen, or my dark horse would be Mayfield. I could see Allen falling really far like Nassib and Barkley did when everyone was sure they were 1st rounders.

Nassib had small hands

size matters!

and Allen is going in the 1st round prototypical measurable for a QB... GM love that

PS I am not a fan of allen

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everyone is saying the Bills like Allen. That makes me feel pretty confident we like someone else. I'm still going with Rosen.

If look at Peterman and McCarron both don't have elite arms or athleticism which to mean likes we prefer Rosen types and would love if we traded up for him. Yet I could see us taking a top flight LB at 12 and settling on Rudolph at 22 after Beaner's press conference today but again hope am wrong.

39 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...could very well be the case and that trio may be available in the 2nd......don't see McBeane surrendering draft capital to move up from 12.....sure he said "franchise QB" but what is HIS definition versus the TBD gang?.......who knows......if his Plan A guy is there at 12, he takes him...if not, for all we know, he could go Plan B  OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and take one of the aforementioned "trio" in the 2nd....stay tuned.....

+1

If Beane does all of this trading away players, trading away picks, doing everything to get to the top the of draft....... and then drafts Josh Allen.....  Holy smokes.  I think a lot of the good will and credibility Beane has been building with the fan base would go up in a puff of smoke.

Look, Allen may be good someday.  Who knows.  But I think there is a lot bigger of a chance that he never pans out.  There are so many better options at QB in the draft than Allen.  I don't want Allen anywhere near this team.  Like I sad....he could be good.  Heck....he could be great someday.  But I rather some other team take that risk.  He is not the kind of guy you give up top players and a ton of draft picks for.

Whatever it takes for Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

There was no buzz on a trade down last year. No buzz on Watkins being traded. No buzz on trading for Benjamin. Weren’t in the teams supposedly hunting Murphy. Bills beat writers said we weren’t signing a FA QB. Yet we are telling people Allen is our guy?

• Like (+1) 3

They might like Allen at #12, but prefer someone else if a move up is available. Seems to me that they are big on sticking to their 'value ranges' when it comes to either FA or the draft. 

I don't think that Beane was being especially dishonest, when he said he hasn't completed looking at players for the draft, and could't say who he would pick @ #12 right now. 

I think that while the move up to #12, definitely gives them the chance to go up further, it's also likely the area around which the possibility for 'blue chippers' will stop.

6 minutes ago, Buddo said:

They might like Allen at #12, but prefer someone else if a move up is available. Seems to me that they are big on sticking to their 'value ranges' when it comes to either FA or the draft. 

I don't think that Beane was being especially dishonest, when he said he hasn't completed looking at players for the draft, and could't say who he would pick @ #12 right now. 

I think that while the move up to #12, definitely gives them the chance to go up further, it's also likely the area around which the possibility for 'blue chippers' will stop.

...agree.....and I think McBeane picked his ideal spot to "check" to say we'll see you at the draft....got no problem with it either...............

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Been saying that for days.  We need all those high picks for linebackers and linemen.  White or Lauletta in round 2.

New front offices don't settle for whomever at QB falls to them. And Beane doesn't strike me as the type who would go with his QB Plan B on draft day so they can use picks on less impactful positions.

Teams that draft for need have a tendency to do that year after year. Winning organizations are bold, not playing it safe. 

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the Bills are leaking Allen, my thoughts are that is purposely to entice the Brownies to select him at #1.

Exactly this. Makes me think our board is 1) Darnold 2) Rosen

Edited by NickelCity

3 hours ago, DJB said:

On NFL.com

Bills are #1 most likely

2. Browns

3. Jets

4. Cards

5. Broncos

Hears Allen.  Hopefully Allen is a smokecreen.

Thoughts?

Cleveland is NOT taking a QB! LOL! They have their franchise QB already.