D Jeremiah: Bills #1 team likely to draft a QB. Hears we like Allen

DJB

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Doesn't take a draft analyst to come to that conclusion. Look at our QB depth chart and our recent moves. We need a QB

Obviously 2 and 2 can be put together but to have us #1 over the Browns? Thats a statement.

I'm also concerned about the Allen stuff. Jeremiah is more than just some nfl.com blogger. The dude has connections in the scouting community.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Sure, in the 3rd round.

He won't go in the 3rd.  He'll go in the first.  I've said in the past that I wouldn't take him before the 3rd but after re-watching some of his tape, I can see why GM's like him.  I also said in another thread, I still do not think he's the guy for the Buffalo Bills.  I just do not see that.  The stuff that he needs to clean up will require a great QB Coach/OC who works with QB's.  He has a bit of Pat Mahomes traits.  The arm is also similar.  But I don't want him in Buffalo but I do think if goes to the right place and learns some things he can begin to correct some of the bad dimensions of his game.

7 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

I'm starting to wonder if they actually only like Rosen and are waiting to see if he makes it to pick 3 before moving up. And if he doesn't we may end up with a Rudolph, Faulk or Lauletta.

Been saying that for days.  We need all those high picks for linebackers and linemen.  White or Lauletta in round 2.

6 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

I'm starting to wonder if they actually only like Rosen and are waiting to see if he makes it to pick 3 before moving up. And if he doesn't we may end up with a Rudolph, Faulk or Lauletta.

...could very well be the case and that trio may be available in the 2nd......don't see McBeane surrendering draft capital to move up from 12.....sure he said "franchise QB" but what is HIS definition versus the TBD gang?.......who knows......if his Plan A guy is there at 12, he takes him...if not, for all we know, he could go Plan B  OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and take one of the aforementioned "trio" in the 2nd....stay tuned.....

All this chatter about Allen makes me think they actually may been talking about him being "their guy"--that is, before they went and swung the trade up to #12.   

However, now that that's occurred, I suspect they'll move their sights higher, given that they have the draft capital to go up and get one of the Big Three...  

I am honestly thinking Beane likes more than 1 guy, but placed a slight difference how far he would move for each.

Just a theory, but maybe he thinks Rosen is the best...but he would have to give up more picks to get him at 3, than, say Mayfield at 7. It's going to come down to who falls where and what the value is to move up IMO. For all we know the like Jackson a lot and are content with him at 12 with another pick in the 1st round in their pocket.

I trust that whoever we get...there is a plan.

It gives me flashbacks to 2013 when everyone and their mother thought the Bills were all in on Nassib. We also just signed a backup QB and have no one you could classify as a bridge. The writing is on the wall. We'll take pro-ready Josh Rosen, or my dark horse would be Mayfield. I could see Allen falling really far like Nassib and Barkley did when everyone was sure they were 1st rounders.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It gives me flashbacks to 2013 when everyone and their mother thought the Bills were all in on Nassib. We also just signed a backup QB and have no one you could classify as a bridge. The writing is on the wall. We'll take pro-ready Josh Rosen, or my dark horse would be Mayfield. I could see Allen falling really far like Nassib and Barkley did when everyone was sure they were 1st rounders.

Ya me too Happy reminds me those days as well with Nassib. 

So I guess the only thing I think Beane is being 100% truthful about is he doesn't know if they are moving up yet. Maybe they have guy worth moving up to 3 and a guy at 7 and another if still there at 12. Then who knows what. How many more days?