I don't think the Browns are taking a QB at 1 or 4..

D521646

5 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Ok, so a lot of none believers I see.. Well, I stand by it, this is my prediction, bold as it is. :)

Tim-

My bold prediction is this thread will be bumped on draft night. And you shall be roasted.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

This is, by a country mile, your best post on this forum.

I'm not saying that you should definitely quit while you're ahead, but...

You KNOW it's a bad prediction when BBD can roast you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow, you guys are brutal.. :)

Good thing I'm no snowflake or I'd have to start a riot.. :)

Tim-

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

They would be crazy to pass up a QB with one of those two picks.  

What if they think the one they want will be there at 12?  Just saying..

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

I'm on board with you line of thinking. The Browns said they are open to trade. They have traded out in the past. The browns on the Tyrod train right now. They actually want to be us. I think they are more interested in what they can do next season then picking a guy that will flame out anyway because the Brown suck.  

I think they plan to build around Tyrod and push to win 6 games next season. The Browns want to win now I imagine. A 3rd for Tyrod is panic mode for making a difference next season.  

Don't let responses rattle you. Your talking to the QB is life crowd so anything other then QB is blasphemy.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Not knocking the idea but let me just ask some questions.  

1)  We needed to move on from TT because he's a limited QB that's not going to get us to the promised land.  Is this correct?

2)  Don't you think Dorsey, an NFL GM might also realize this?

3)  The Browns have already traded their #2 QB away in Kizer.  Why would they do that if they did not have plans in bringing in another rookie to sit behind TT?  Why not just allow Kizer to continue to develop?

I have several other questions but these are starters.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

That's not what their saying in Cleveland.

Disinformation. I specifically wrote a thread about this.

I guarantee you that Cleveland:

1. Knows they can't get out of #1, because nobody is willing to pay for that spot, unless it''s utter idiot drafting team like the Redskins or Raiders.

2. Wants to get out of #4 in the worst way. You can't tell me that Cleveland is "good", when 70% of their roster, before FA, had won 0 or 1 NFL football games in their career. 

Signing Tyrod and the rest doesn't make Cleveland competitive, never mind good. Cleveland needs more picks than they have. They can't get enough out of 1 pick, even #4, to turn their team around. They need many 2, 3 and 4s for that. So, they are threatening to take a QB. So what? :rolleyes: They are trying to force the value of #4 up as high as they can.

Only suckers are buying that. Look at what happened to the Raiders in 2013: They only got a 2nd rounder for Miami to move up from #12 to #3. The Raiders had to move down, and, because everybody knew it, they got less value for it. (Meanwhile, this is also the year/trade that we raped the Rams, because they had raped the Redskins the year before in the RG3 trade :lol: ...which ultimately resulted in Shady McCoy, Buffalo Bill. I will never stop laughing at this whole thing.  Tell me again about RG3....:lol: )

So, again, like I said in my thread: don't buy the disinformation. Cleveland's position is weak, not strong. Them really taking a QB @ 4 when they already have a serviceable starter, AND, just lost their All-Pro LT, is a story only an unmitigated moron believes.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

18 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Not knocking the idea but let me just ask some questions.  

1)  We needed to move on from TT because he's a limited QB that's not going to get us to the promised land.  Is this correct?

2)  Don't you think Dorsey, an NFL GM might also realize this?

3)  The Browns have already traded their #2 QB away in Kizer.  Why would they do that if they did not have plans in bringing in another rookie to sit behind TT?  Why not just allow Kizer to continue to develop?

I have several other questions but these are starters.

1) The fans including myself needed to move on. That doesn't represent the teams feelings. Plenty of room to speculate still. Sure the Bills may have felt desperate to move on or maybe they made what they felt was a lateral move and getting a 3rd for it.

2) The GM obviously believes he can get more out of Tyrod then the Bills did. I don't think he can but time will tell. 

3) That is a good point I can't argue with that.

7 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Disinformation. I specifically wrote a thread about this.

I guarantee you that Cleveland:

1. Knows they can't get out of #1, because nobody is willing to pay for that spot, unless it''s utter idiot drafting team like the Redskins or Raiders.

2. Wants to get out of #4 in the worst way. You can't tell me that Cleveland is "good", when 70% of their roster, before FA, had won 0 or 1 NFL football games in their career. 

Signing Tyrod and the rest doesn't make Cleveland competitive, never mind good. Cleveland needs more picks than they have. They can't get enough out of 1 pick, even #4, to turn their team around. They need many 2, 3 and 4s for that. So, they are threatening to take a QB. So what? :rolleyes: They are trying to force the value of #4 up as high as they can.

Only suckers are buying that. Look at what happened to the Raiders in 2013: They only got a 2nd rounder for Miami to move up from #12 to #3. The Raiders had to move down, and, because everybody knew it, they got less value for it. (Meanwhile, this is also the year/trade that we raped the Rams, because they had raped the Redskins the year before in the RG3 trade :lol: ...which ultimately resulted in Shady McCoy, Buffalo Bill. I will never stop laughing at this whole thing.  Tell me again about RG3....:lol: )

So, again, like I said in my thread: don't buy the disinformation. Cleveland's position is weak, not strong. Them really taking a QB @ 4 when they already have a serviceable starter, AND, just lost their All-Pro LT, is a story only an unmitigated moron believes.

Thank you for saying this. I've seen a lot of talk of talk about how good the Browns are and will be when they had a winless year. I'm not saying it isn't possible but man that is a huge leap to think the Browns will all the sudden go from winless to very good.

Edited by Lfod

39 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Wow, you guys are brutal.. :)

Good thing I'm no snowflake or I'd have to start a riot.. :)

Tim-

What if they think the one they want will be there at 12?  Just saying..

Tim-

This i can agree with..

Passing on a QB in the top of the draft AGAIN would be grounds for the immediate and overdue release of Hue Jackson as coach and would also likely set in motion the removal of the franchise from the ownership of Haslam.

Jackson has had RG3, McCown, Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan as his QBs on the Browns.  He has built no offense around anyone.  He is no more likely to "build one around TT" either.

They aren't passing on a QB and rolling with TT.   That makes zero sense--even with Barkley as the RB (who won't be as good as McCoy is right now).

1 hour ago, D521646 said:

Here me out. JD, when he took over the Chiefs brought in Alex Smith, and then built around him.  They did not take a QB in that draft, instead they added weapons with5 picks in the first 3 rounds (if memory serves).  I think it is entirely possible, if not likely that JD follows the same approach to winning now, rather than building.  Let's face it, Browns are NOT going to Brown this upcoming season.  They have a good team now, solid vets with talented young players, and are about to get even better.  I think Dorsey honestly believes that Tyrod is his guys (for now), I think both he and Hue believe in him, and will have Haley tailor (no pun intended) an offense around him.

My BOLD predication is that Cleveland takes Barkley at 1, and then Fitz or Chub at 4, or trade back out with the Bills, or some other team willing to jump ahead.

THAT is how this draft is going to play out for them, IMO.

Tim-

worst post ever

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Passing on a QB in the top of the draft AGAIN would be grounds for the immediate and overdue release of Hue Jackson as coach and would also likely set in motion the removal of the franchise from the ownership of Haslam.

Jackson has had RG3, McCown, Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan as his QBs on the Browns.  He has built no offense around anyone.  He is no more likely to "build one around TT" either.

They aren't passing on a QB and rolling with TT.   That makes zero sense--even with Barkley as the RB (who won't be as good as McCoy is right now).

They gave up a 3rd rounder and already named him starter. He is plan A for QB next season and they are indeed rolling with him.

Just now, Lfod said:

They gave up a 3rd rounder and already named him starter. He is plan A for QB next season and they are indeed rolling with him.

The 3rd is a throwaway pick for them this draft.

What's your source?

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Hear me out, you’re on drugs...

Nate Burleson said the same thing on Good Morning Football this am: Barkely at #1 and either OG Nelson or some other blue chip or trading out for more draft riches.  Any number of NFL media analysts are predicting that the Browns are going to take Barkley with the #1 pick because they don't think that they like any of the QBs in this draft enough. 

Also Dorsey said a few weeks ago that the Browns were open to trading the #1 pick "for the right price".  He wouldn't say that if the Browns had already predetermined that they were taking a specific QB at #1.  They don't have to put up any "smokescreens".

• Like (+1) 1

• The signing of Hyde means nothing about whether the Browns draft Barkley. 
  • Announcing Taylor starts means nothing about them drafting a QB. Jackson thinks he made a mistake starting Kizer so soon. He doesn't want to repeat it.
  • Depending on how the Browns rate quarterback prospects, picking at four is either safe / shrewd or criminal malpractice. But no one knows how the Browns rate quarterback prospects.
  • The Browns will get a QB at 1 or 4, though there are fancy scenarios where they trade for 2 or 3.
  • I'm not sure why people think the Giants won't draft a QB at 2. Because they have Eli? Because they've hinted they won't? Teams feel obligated to lie about their draft aims. I think it's considered poor form to be honest and upfront.
  • The Browns probably won't trade out of 4 even if they get their QB at 1. They have tons of picks and will be looking for quality over quantity.
  • The only sure bet to trade up is the Colts, but there will be a lot of suitors.......