I don't think the Browns are taking a QB at 1 or 4..

D521646

Here me out. JD, when he took over the Chiefs brought in Alex Smith, and then built around him.  They did not take a QB in that draft, instead they added weapons with5 picks in the first 3 rounds (if memory serves).  I think it is entirely possible, if not likely that JD follows the same approach to winning now, rather than building.  Let's face it, Browns are NOT going to Brown this upcoming season.  They have a good team now, solid vets with talented young players, and are about to get even better.  I think Dorsey honestly believes that Tyrod is his guys (for now), I think both he and Hue believe in him, and will have Haley tailor (no pun intended) an offense around him.

My BOLD predication is that Cleveland takes Barkley at 1, and then Fitz or Chub at 4, or trade back out with the Bills, or some other team willing to jump ahead.

THAT is how this draft is going to play out for them, IMO.

Tim-

4 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Here me out. JD, when he took over the Chiefs brought in Alex Smith, and then built around him.  They did not take a QB in that draft, instead they added weapons with5 picks in the first 3 rounds (if memory serves).  I think it is entirely possible, if not likely that JD follows the same approach to winning now, rather than building.  Let's face it, Browns are NOT going to Brown this upcoming season.  They have a good team now, solid vets with talented young players, and are about to get even better.  I think Dorsey honestly believes that Tyrod is his guys (for now), I think both he and Hue believe in him, and will have Haley tailor (no pun intended) an offense around him.

My BOLD predication is that Cleveland takes Barkley at 1, and then Fitz or Chub at 4, or trade back out with the Bills, or some other team willing to jump ahead.

THAT is how this draft is going to play out for them, IMO.

Tim-

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

That was Dorsey's MO when he had a QB to build around in Smith.  If they thought Taylor was the long term answers, they would have reworked his contract when they traded for him.

They're taking Darnold, and likely Fitz

Dorsey was the Chiefs GM last year, what QB did they take? The one with the big arm and good legs, I think the Browns go Barkley 1 and Allen 4.

Joe Thomas Just retired, over his 11 years he blocked for 20 different starting Quarterbacks! 20! Any GM coming in knows that QB has been the heart of this team's problem they will do everything they can to make sure that whoever replaces Thomas does not have to block for another 20 starting quarterbacks.

I "think" that they have a gentleman's agreement in place with the Bills.  I "think" that if the QB the Bills covet is still there at 4, we have an agreement with them for their 4th, our 12th, 22nd, 65th, and late rounder this or next year for that pick.  The Browns add draft capital, and cans till get a decent QB at 12 or even 22nd if they so desired.

I think this is how it's going to go down.  The Bills exposed themselves, IMO, with this trade to the Browns.  Adding AJM was hedging, but I believe the Bills are looking to add that franchise QB, even if he sits a year or two.  Who?  I dunno, my wish is Mayfield, but I don't know who they covet, but it will be someone at 4 for the Bills.

Tim-