Let's break up the monotony: Darkhorse picks for every round

Feel free to add your own surprises! Let's try to mention players that are completely off of the radar only.

#12.) Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - Falls down the board all the way to 12 because of concerns about his accuracy and production.

#22.) Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama - Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds seem to get all the attention, but what about Evans? He has sideline to sideline speed and plays with violence.

#53.) Billy Price, OC, Ohio State - He had a stellar career at OSU, but he tore his pec at the combine, he would have been a 1st round pick but slides to us due to injury.

#56.) Connor Williams, OT, Texas - Pair him up with Dion Dawkins and our tackle situation is taken care of for the next 5 years.

#65.) James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State - Buffalo adds their deep threat. Washington, a 2nd round prospect falls to us in the 3rd.

#96.) Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa - A 3rd to 4th round prospect, Jewell becomes a starter day 1 and becomes one of the best linebackers in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Feel free to add your own surprises! Let's try to mention players that are completely off of the radar only.

#12.) Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - Falls down the board all the way to 12 because of concerns about his accuracy and production.

#22.) Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama - Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds seem to get all the attention, but what about Evans? He has sideline to sideline speed and plays with violence.

#53.) Billy Price, OC, Ohio State - He had a stellar career at OSU, but he tore his pec at the combine, he would have been a 1st round pick but slides to us due to injury.

#56.) Connor Williams, OT, Texas - Pair him up with Dion Dawkins and our tackle situation is taken care of for the next 5 years.

#65.) James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State - Buffalo adds their deep threat. Washington, a 2nd round prospect falls to us in the 3rd.

#96.) Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa - A 3rd to 4th round prospect, Jewell becomes a starter day 1 and becomes one of the best linebackers in the draft.

Look, Allen isn't necessarily my guy, but I was speculating this morning "what if their guy falls and we don't have to trade away anything?"

That said, NDB, their guy (if it is Allen), 2 LB, a WR, Price and a tackle...would be a very sweet draft and a lot of what the doctor ordered (and that's just the top 6).

Told Bagel from these Boards just a bit ago that we need two LBs now in the draft and he concurred.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Look, Allen isn't necessarily my guy, but I was speculating this morning "what if their guy falls and we don't have to trade away anything?"

That said, NDB, their guy (if it is Allen), 2 LB, a WR, Price and a tackle...would be a very sweet draft and a lot of what the doctor ordered (and that's just the top 6).

Told Bagel from these Boards just a bit ago that we need two LBs now in the draft and he concurred.

I was thinking about another possibility----what if they're not able to trade up for one of the other QB's, would they settle for Allen at 12 ???

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I know that It's such a long shot due to his time at Florida but I REALLY like Antonio Callaway.  He can return and be a versatile receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna try to give some players that I haven't really seen mentioned for the Bills but I think make sense (which means avoiding QBs because Buffalo has been matched with all of them by now lol). I'm also going to skip the O-Line because I just don't know very much about them.

12: Roquon Smith/Tremaine Edmunds - I think it has to be a QB or LB here and these are the two LBs worth taking at 12.

22: DJ Moore - I think DJ Moore is the best WR in the draft class, a Stefon Diggs-esq WR. He's incredibly explosive after the catch and could wreak havoc in the Daboll system.

53: Nathan Shepherd - He's a very raw prospect, but he has all the makings of a great DT and I think Kyle Williams could be a good mentor for him/placeholder until Shepherd is ready to shine

56: Carlton Davis - He has the height and length that McDermott looks for in his corners. This is an awesome corner class and it would make a lot of sense to add one with Vontae's health.

65: Nick Chubb - He proved at the combine that his explosiveness has returned after his awful injury, and he's a beast of a runner.

Day 3 guys:

Genard Avery - An absolute freak athlete of a linebacker; I think he's likely a Sam at the next level.

Nyheim Hines/Martez Carter - I group these two together because they're the same kind of prospect: big play threats out of the backfield that can also return kicks.

Isaac Yiadom - Another corner with the length that McDermott likes

J'Mon Moore - A tall vertical threat that was on the receiving end of a lot of Drew Lock's TDs this season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Go-Bills said:

Love the perfect world pics! but i think Allen is there guy and will move up to get him!!!!

We definitely have to move up....Cleveland, Denver and Jets at #4, #5 and #6 will take  THREE QBs out of   Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield.   There is no guarantee that the Giants will NOT take a Franchise QB given the opportunity.  Now the question is are Arizona,  and May be Miami going to sit at their spots or jump to that #3 pick or the 7-11 picks to go over Buffalo.    Will we be left with a Losman type draft and 2003 repeat again!!!!

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We definitely have to move up....Cleveland, Denver and Jets at #4, #5 and #6 will take  THREE QBs out of   Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield.   There is no guarantee that the Giants will NOT take a Franchise QB given the opportunity.  Now the question is are Arizona,  and May be Miami going to sit at their spots or jump to that #3 pick or the 7-11 picks to go over Buffalo.    Will we be left with a Losman type draft and 2003 repeat again!!!!

That's why he is a darkhorse, imo. I think there is a chance Baker Mayfield slides as well. It's also a darkhorse choice for us not to trade up. ;)