That could hurt

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Holy moly that thing is going fast 

It can't be under power?  Gotta be gravity pulling it back, extra weight on the uphill side cable.

If there was a reverse, somebody would have killed power.  It is Georgia, do they have e-stops (which wouldn't help if thing isn't grabbing the weighted side), extra braking, etc... ??? 

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It can't be under power?  Gotta be gravity pulling it back, extra weight on the uphill side cable.

If there was a reverse, somebody would have killed power.  It is Georgia, do they have e-stops (which wouldn't help if thing isn't grabbing the weighted side), extra braking, etc... ??? 

No clue. I wonder what's happening at the other end 

Notice skiers that weren't flung made it up hill on other side of towers.  Counter balancing probably calmed it down.

Just now, Steptide said:

No clue. I wonder what's happening at the other end 

All weight is on one side of cable.  I assume they have a brake that grabs it when power is lost.  Betcha, brake gave way.

Oh same thing.  Probably best to jump off as soon as you are close to ground... But not at bottom.  Unlike a suicide door on a car.  Time it perfectly, but only one crack at it, think fast... Or chair ahead of you may get you as you realease too slowly.

And... If you choose to ride it around in counter balance fashion... Better pick up feet in hurry and hang on.  You can see other people made it around and back uphill.  Some were ejected.  If you can get skis and boards off quickly, all the better before you go around.  Don't want an appendage grabbing ground at base of lift!!!!

If I was uphill AND HAD time... Stomp one ski off with the other ski.  Eject last ski off with pole... Fling poles and squat on chair... Wrap arms around side and lock, hang on for dear life.

ALL while going a zillion mpg downhill. LoL... Easier said than done.  Hook ski on ground. You'll won't have legs.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ooops.  Please merge.  Search came up empty.  No clear markers, title, etc...

Search blows chunks anyway like that lift.

Don't ever let silly details like facts, reality, or a little bit of research stand in the way of a good old fashioned  incoherent self righteous rant

9 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Don't ever let silly details like facts, reality, or a little bit of research stand in the way of a good old fashioned  incoherent self righteous rant

IT wannabee police gotta chime in?

Wow... Still got a chubby.  What's your problem Sparky? :P

The search function blows, so does GBiD's title.  I said I was sorry.  Jack could have just merged it, I would have got the hint.

Contrary to belief, not gonna read every thread... I gotta life. :lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

IT wannabee police gotta chime in?

Wow... Still got a chubby.  What's your problem Sparky? :P

The search function blows, so does GBiD's title.  I said I was sorry.  Jack could have just merged it, I would have got the hint.

Contrary to belief, not gonna read every thread... I gotta life. :lol:

26kbg9.jpg