T. Pryor to Bills? Trent Murphy said an old teammate may be his new roommate

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Better than Preston?

Preston was a 4.86. Hes about15 pounds heavier than Compton. 4.52 is faster than Luke Keuchly. Is the better player as conpared to Preston? Not sure but i think Compton is certainly a better fit for our defense

Is Will Compton any good?  I’m a Nebraska fan and I always thought he was Bleh with the big red. 

He makes the most most sense considering our current stable of LBs.  Hopefully minimum type contract as an eventual backup.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Preston was a 4.86. Hes about15 pounds heavier than Compton. 4.52 is faster than Luke Keuchly. Is the better player as conpared to Preston? Not sure but i think Compton is certainly a better fit for our defense

I think he could fit for the short term.  We have $100 million in cap next year so that’s when we’ll be more aggressive.

Even the draft next year.  I’m sure this year is QB is the main agenda while filling in some depth and hopefully a starter or two.  Next offseason is having everything in place for a real run.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he could fit for the short term.  We have $100 million in cap next year so that’s when we’ll be more aggressive.

Even the draft next year.  I’m sure this year is QB is the main agenda while filling in some depth and hopefully a starter or two.  Next offseason is having everything in place for a real run.

I see 74 million as right now cap space next year..

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I see 74 million as right now cap space next year..

It will be closer to $80M with Wood and Clay coming off.........before extending Benjamin.........if they do.........that could be a tough to justify and very risky extension being a banged up hybrid WR/RecTE

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Better than Preston?

Well, he finally moved into the starting lineup last year and then got hurt after three games.   Not a lot of experience but the dreaded 'potential' is there...

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Will-Compton-Hopes-To-Return-After-Injury-Took-Away-Half-His-Season/819dd10e-0474-43ba-a695-d0e408d4329b

Sounds like a McD kind of guy.....

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/micd-linebacker-will-compton-shows-redskins-how-set-tone

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

DT David Parry be a cheap guy to bring in that might turn into a solid contributor.

I thought he was solid for the colts, and he was excellent in college. He's a former student of mine at Stanford and I think quite highly of him. Would be really happy with that signing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Agreed. I think he's a good depth type of guy who could maybe start for a year. 

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm on fire, ayyyyye, that's what Richard Pryor say

...him and Dangerfield were the funniest on the planet...both gone.....

CLASSIC RODNEY LINE:

.."my wife and I made a deal we would only smoke cigarettes after sex........I still have the same pack from 1975 and she's up to three packs a day.....WTF"........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

After Googling around a bit I'm now intrigued by Will Compton.   In 2016 he had 106 tackles and was a team captain.   

Jay Gruden had this to say about him last training camp:

On Compton: "Obviously, Will Compton’s very smart and has been a great leader for us. He’s a great communicator, which you have to have at Mike linebacker."

Due to the injury last year, he might come cheap and be hungry for a shot at Preston Brown's old position...     

Edited by Lurker