How does this year's QB Draft class stack up to the past?

How does this class look in March before the draft compared to how other classes looked in March before the draft? 

I'm sure it will be hard to avoid hindsight but I'm curious how everyone thinks this group of prospects stacks up to previous years.  Where would these prospects fall if they were in another year's class? Do you think this year offers the most prospects? some of the best prospects? or do you think that there isn't anyone who really shines? 

One think we can all agree on this is a better crop of prospects to chose from than EJ's year.

Edited by Batman1876

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Remains to be seen. Should have a better idea in a couple years.

I mean how does this class look, pre draft compared to how other classes looked pre draft. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can we let you know in a few years?

How Andrew Luck looked in March 2012 and How baker looked in March 2018 will be the same now and in 10 years. 

I think this year has lots of better than average entrants. The top 3 are close and each has a different wart to scrutinize. The 2nd teir prospects in this draft seem to be much better than the 2nd teir offerings of other draft classes IMO. Guys like Allen Rudolph Jackson may have been considered best overall in some of weaker draft classes like 2013.

then you look at what people consider 3rd teir QB's in this draft and you start to see that this particular class just has an overall better pedigree compared to many other years

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I mean how does this class look, pre draft compared to how other classes looked pre draft. 

How Andrew Luck looked in March 2012 and How baker looked in March 2018 will be the same now and in 10 years. 

But it’s not about how they looked in March; it’s about the resume established over the course of their college careers. 

As to how this this class compares pre-draft? I thinks it is in the Winston/Mariota and Wentz/Goff range.

It's the Kelly,Marino,Elway, O'brian,Kubiak draft again IMO

Sadly it could end up different for us this time, instead of us drafting Kelly we could wait and get Jim Bob Taylor and miss out on a dynasty.

Todd Blackledge of that class is Allen of this class IMO, a QB with potenial but just not as good as the others but the hype gets a team to reach in the top 10.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

I don't think you understand the question. 

I'm saying the question is speculation for speculation's sake. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell would have been considered the top of this class because they were both considered can't-miss prospects while every QB in this class has question marks. How does that actually mean anything?

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I'm saying the question is speculation for speculation's sake. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell would have been considered the top of this class because they were both considered can't-miss prospects while every QB in this class has question marks. How does that actually mean anything?

Actually neither of them were can't mis prospects, Leaf was already known to have blown off team meetings and Russell was considered a huge risk one year wonder. But since the Bills are in the QB market it helps to put the decision they are about to make into context. 

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Dude, this is a football message board. Literally everything is speculation for speculations sake. 

Will the Bills move up in the draft? 

-We will see in 6 weeks. 

Who is the better prospect, Mayfield, Rosen, or Donald? 

-We’ll find out in 3-4 years. 

What is EJ Gaines worth?

- Won’t know until somebody signs him. 

Was McBeane a good hire? 

-I’ll tell you in 3-5 years 

Would we be better if we still had Darby?

- No way to know. EJ did a good job. Wait and see on Davis. 

It’s a message board man. The entire premise of this existing is to have the conversation

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dude, this is a football message board. Literally everything is speculation for speculations sake. 

Will the Bills move up in the draft? 

-We will see in 6 weeks. 

Who is the better prospect, Mayfield, Rosen, or Donald? 

-We’ll find out in 3-4 years. 

What is EJ Gaines worth?

- Won’t know until somebody signs him. 

Was McBeane a good hire? 

-I’ll tell you in 3-5 years 

Would we be better if we still had Darby?

- No way to know. EJ did a good job. Wait and see on Davis. 

It’s a message board man. The entire premise of this existing is to have the conversation

sometimes we are having a rough day/week/life...