Bills GM: Not certain we move up to take QB

6 hours ago, QCity said:

He did a great job playing coy with the Tyrod situation, even fooled a lot of fans.

i don't think anyone is buying this, though.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IMO He fooled the Tyrod fans.   

Is anyone fooled by anything he says? All that he said was that he “wasn’t going to cut Tyrod.” They were willing to pick up the option and trade him. They knew there was a market. They were right. They got pick 65 without having to pick up the option. I don’t think anyone was fooled. He wasn’t pulling a fast one. Beane did what any good GM would do and maximized his return. 

He did the same thing with McCarron. He waited out the top guys and paid him peanuts. He wasn’t fooling anyone. Everyone knew that the Bills were adding a veteran QB. He just was patient. 

Beane isn't playing great poker. He just has a thorough understanding of the market and the value of players. He isn’t fooling anyone with “I don’t know if we will trade up” either. If anyone believes that call me and I have some volcano insurance to sell you. 

Beane is doing a fantastic job but it isnt by being a master master poker player. Every move that he has made has been logical and what we expected to happen. He just happens to be plugged in enough (outside of Star) to get guys below the market value and to maximize trade value.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

The guy I know said that they're still very much interested in Foles.  Doesn't mean they'll meet the Eagles' asking price but he's still very much on their radar.

As for Jackson, he didn't say anything about him, but personally I bet they don't touch him.  Much less at 12.

And I will tell you with 10000% certainty your guy is full of crap and they were never in on Foles. He is and was never in the Bills plans. 

Pre draft speak.  They were keeping Taylor until a better player was on the roster.  Trade Taylor for a the 65th pick.  Not going to be busy during Fa concentrate on the draft.  Spent 80 mil on 2 d lineman.  He is not going to show his hand.  He will be happy picking at 12 until the deal they want comes about to move up into the top 5.  Buffalo having 12 and 22 is a better conversation starter than any other QB needy team can offer.   Add in 2 seconds and 2 thirds this year Buffalo hold all the cards.  I assume they want to spend 12-22-65 and a mid rounder in 19.  Once that gets it done they will pull the trigger.  

7 hours ago, QCity said:

He did a great job playing coy with the Tyrod situation, even fooled a lot of fans.

i don't think anyone is buying this, though.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IMO He fooled the Tyrod fans.   

No he fooled the anti-Tyrod fans.  Beane is a new player to this game despite him being assistant GM before. He needed to establish his credentials and he did it.  He did not blink and cut Tyrod since he knew he had some value whether in trade when some QB goes down in training camp and as a way to prevent himself being fleeced moving up for he "had no options".  There were enough good cards in the deck that he was willing to trade Tyrod for another card and draw again.

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Beane is doing a fantastic job but it isnt by being a master master poker player. Every move that he has made has been logical and what we expected to happen. He just happens to be plugged in enough (outside of Star) to get guys below the market value and to maximize trade value.

Except on Ivory IMO.  I think we will regret it like Reggie Bush.

12 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

And I will tell you with 10000% certainty your guy is full of crap and they were never in on Foles. He is and was never in the Bills plans. 

What I was told was that the Bills inquired about Foles, got a price (Tre White and a 4th), and offered a 2nd rounder, and that's where they left it.  The media pretty much confirmed that the Bills offered them a 2nd so again I believe it.  Whether they were "in on" him is a matter of semantics, but it shows interest on their part and the Eagles seemed willing to deal him for the right price.

I've gotten info from him that turned out to be true.  I haven't from you, so I'll go with him for now.  We can do the "I told you so's" later. 

As for Jackson, I'm still waiting to hear, but I would bet good money they wouldn't take him before the 2nd day, at best.  They traded TT, who everyone is comparing him to, and his completion percentage in college was sub-60%.   

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No he fooled the anti-Tyrod fans.  Beane is a new player to this game despite him being assistant GM before. He needed to establish his credentials and he did it.  He did not blink and cut Tyrod since he knew he had some value whether in trade when some QB goes down in training camp and as a way to prevent himself being fleeced moving up for he "had no options".  There were enough good cards in the deck that he was willing to trade Tyrod for another card and draw again.

Except on Ivory IMO.  I think we will regret it like Reggie Bush.

He did not fool me.   

Think what you want but it’s incorrect.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What I was told was that the Bills inquired about Foles, got a price (Tre White and a 4th), and offered a 2nd rounder, and that's where they left it.  The media pretty much confirmed that the Bills offered them a 2nd so again I believe it.  Whether they were "in on" him is a matter of semantics, but it shows interest on their part and the Eagles seemed willing to deal him for the right price.

I've gotten info from him that turned out to be true.  I haven't from you, so I'll go with him for now.  We can do the "I told you so's" later. 

As for Jackson, I'm still waiting to hear, but I would bet good money they wouldn't take him before the 2nd day, at best.  They traded TT, who everyone is comparing him to, and his completion percentage in college was sub-60%.   

Buddy, it was already proven Arizona was the team to offer the second so whatever your source wants you to believe is BS

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anytime that you can get a guy with an average skill set from a simple offense you need jump on it.

The Bills are only drafting one of 3 guys (Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold). I’d give anyone else the field on the Bills 1st pick

I agree with you that the three qbs you listed are on their preferred list. But I wouldn't be surprised if Allen is also on the same list. 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I don't know what people expected him to say...

"Yeah we want to get into the top 5 to get a QB. We are trying to work out a trade with one of the teams and hoping we can get it done"

??

At 12 the Bills will get the fourth QB in draft.  Arizona is not, does not have the picks, trading up.  They picked up 2 veterans QB will be looking for a project    

If the Bills don't find a way to get up and draft Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield(preferably the latter), I'd sit tight at 12, use the first five picks to fill other holes on the team, and take a QB flyer with one of the 3rd round picks(Lauletta, White, etc...), and roll the dice with McCarron in 2018.

No way do I want to see them use 12 or 22 on Allen, Rudolph or Jackson.

16 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If the Bills don't find a way to get up and draft Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield(preferably the latter), I'd sit tight at 12, use the first five picks to fill other holes on the team, and take a QB flyer with one of the 3rd round picks(Lauletta, White, etc...), and roll the dice with McCarron in 2018.

No way do I want to see them use 12 or 22 on Allen, Rudolph or Jackson.

Did anybody notice that we made the playoffs last year with Taylor?  I see McCarron as an upgrade from him.  I see the free agents that we have brought in as an upgrade.  I see 6 picks in the first 3 rounds as an upgrade.    Isn't the objective to have a better team?  Or is it to complain about the sins of the past?

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Did anybody notice that we made the playoffs last year with Taylor?  I see McCarron as an upgrade from him.  I see the free agents that we have brought in as an upgrade.  I see 6 picks in the first 3 rounds as an upgrade.    Isn't the objective to have a better team?  Or is it to complain about the sins of the past?

I agree with you.  I wish they had found a way to get a better MLB in FA but they cab get one in the draft or after post-draft cuts.