Bills GM: Not certain we move up to take QB

Unless Darnold is there, I'm not moving up high.  All these other guys have too many questions to be investing so much in them.

If Darnold goes number one, I am waiting to 7 and calling around to see whats happening.  You will probably end up with three guys going in top 6, but then there will be two still out there.  The only thing I am trying to do now is not letting someone else trade above 12.  So if teams 7-11 are not moving, just stay at 12.  If you call them and they say they are trading with Arizona, you step up and get the pick instead of Arizona.

Could you imagine trading all the capital to get to draft Allen or Rosen?  What a waste.  Guys like Mayfield and Jackson have just as much potential to be great as them.

5 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Jackson at 12, no thanks, I am so done with Tyrod type running around. Those skrony legs will never survive in the NFL IMO. No reason to move up in the draft for a QB if all your going to do is draft a 2 year project.

Blows my mind Allen is ranked so high, his agent is doing a hell of a job getting people to prop him up. I truly wish Cleveland or some other team jumps on him and leaves us a a chance at Rosen, Darnold,Mayfield, nobody else matters.

It would sure be Billsy if they did all this moving in the draft just to take Allen/Jackson though, maybe we should expect the scraps, we should be used to that by now. Rudolph is a much better prospect @12 then these 2 IMO.

Rudolph over Jackson at 12????

You're nuts :doh:

They will move further up.....they will not do a half job here......aggrevivly moved to # 12....its not over yet....beane will do something......at least i really hope he does!

There’s a very effective way to obfuscate/prevaricate and that’s to tell the exact truth as you see it at this moment.  

Beane is a master of this.

I think he’s telling the exact truth-they haven’t set their board or finished FA and he doesn’t know  with certainty at this point if they will trade up

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There’s a very effective way to obfuscate/prevaricate and that’s to tell the exact truth as you see it at this moment.  

Beane is a master of this.

I think he’s telling the exact truth-they haven’t set their board or finished FA and he doesn’t know  with certainty at this point if they will trade up

I think the majority of FA is done and that the board is filled out with movable pieces which is what all draft boards are.  

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Rudolph over Jackson at 12????

You're nuts :doh:

Yes 100x Rudolph over Jackson. Rudolph is a true pocket QB, Jackson is a true runner, sadly for him his lower half of his body is one made for a lady. Rudolph will have a long career in the NFL, Jackson will be on IR more then he plays IMO.

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Yes 100x Rudolph over Jackson. Rudolph is a true pocket QB, Jackson is a true runner, sadly for him his lower half of his body is one made for a lady. Rudolph will have a long career in the NFL, Jackson will be on IR more then he plays IMO.

Anytime that you can get a guy with an average skill set from a simple offense you need jump on it.

The Bills are only drafting one of 3 guys (Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold). I’d give anyone else the field on the Bills 1st pick

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think the majority of FA is done and that the board is filled out with movable pieces which is what all draft boards are.  

I personally think Beane said what he meant and meant what he said about having an initial set but re-setting in April after pro days, team visits etc

YMMV

6 hours ago, QCity said:

He did a great job playing coy with the Tyrod situation, even fooled a lot of fans.

i don't think anyone is buying this, though.

He's not fooling.  As I said before, they're not going to get fleeced trading up because they have options.  I still think that if they can't get a reasonable deal to trade up, they go after Foles

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's not fooling.  As I said before, they're not going to get fleeced trading up because they have options.  I still think that if they can't get a reasonable deal to trade up, they go after Foles

Foles is not happening. People need to stop with the nonsense. 

They will take Lamar Jackson if the first 4 are gone before 12

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Still?   

Is this what your “insider” is hinting at?

You’ve nailed some rumors more than the others why “know a guy”. 

10 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

:sick:   

They dumped Tyrod and left us with only Nate (for a few days), so why would they want a Tyrod clone (even if he is supposed to be slightly better that Tyrod?)

They want a passing game where the QB protects the ball and no more of the scrambling sandlot QB’s.  

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They want a passing game where the QB protects the ball and no more of the scrambling sandlot QB’s.  

I used to think this part a lot too. But Beane said he looked at every throw McCarron made - and that's the guy he wanted. The pro throws he made - they were either lucky, blessed by incredible receivers or he has an arm like nobody. I think the first two, right? He's confident and competitive.

Doesn't what you know about Compton, McC, Murphy  ... it strikes me that there has to be something inside that rings true first to this management. The emphasis on seniors, on commitment to the process, on everyone competing all the time. I don't like the idea of Baker Mayfield - but boy it sounds like Mayfield is McBeane's type of guy. 

I guess the bottom line is that I agree but for different reasons. I have yet to see an instance where they've selected the best athlete and in at least one instance, they traded that guy away (Sammy) to focus on team-oriented players.

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Still?   

:sick:   

They dumped Tyrod and left us with only Nate (for a few days), so why would they want a Tyrod clone (even if he is supposed to be slightly better that Tyrod?)

IMHO, Jackson is already far better than Tyrod. He was in an NFL Offense, developed much better pocket passing ability this last year. Additionally, this is a good example of why I think the Bills wanted a guy like AJ who could be a competent NFL QB while a QB like Jackson matures.

21 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think he’s telling the truth and lying at the same time.  I think he desperately wants to trade up and grab a marquise QB but doesn’t want to tip his hand, and he is also truthful when he says he doesn’t know what he’s going to do because until the draft starts, and the picks are made and phone calls start flying back and forth, he has no idea what he will do.

Yup.

It's possible that none of the teams they call and ask about a trade will end up accepting less than seven first rounders. It could happen. And if it does, it's a good bet the Bills don't trade up.

32 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Still?   

The guy I know said that they're still very much interested in Foles.  Doesn't mean they'll meet the Eagles' asking price but he's still very much on their radar.

As for Jackson, he didn't say anything about him, but personally I bet they don't touch him.  Much less at 12.

• Thank you (+1) 1