Bills GM: Not certain we move up to take QB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have maneuvered over the past year to acquire one of the NFL's largest collection of early-round selections in April's draft, but general manager Brandon Beane said Friday that does not mean he will trade up and pick a quarterback.

"I know everyone assumes we're going higher than 12," he said. "I don't know what we're doing. I honestly don't."

\

With only 2017 fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron, signed Wednesday, under contract at quarterback, the Bills are considered to be in the market to select a quarterback early in the draft.

Beane, however, insisted Friday he is keeping his options open.

"There are some players that are going to be at 12 -- whether it's quarterback or another position -- that I know would not have fallen to 21," Beane said, referring to the No. 21 overall selection Buffalo traded to Cincinnati. "I'm excited about that. There are some guys that we were talking about right before we went to the combine with our scouts, and I'm like, 'We're wasting our time with this guy. He ain't falling to 21. This guy is a top-10, 12 -- he ain't getting past 15.'

"We're in the range for those guys [now]. And that's not necessarily quarterback."

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Magical Mystery Tour 

The Magical Mystery Tour
Is waiting to take you away
Waiting to take you away

Roll up
They've got everything you need
Roll up for the Mystery Tour
Roll up
Satisfaction guaranteed
Roll up for the Mystery Tour

The Magical Mystery Tour is hoping to take you away
Hoping to take you away

• Like (+1) 1

'We're wasting our time with this guy. He ain't falling to 21. This guy is a top-10, 12 -- he ain't getting past 15.'

And he could come to this conclusion about the QB he wants and realize he's not falling out of the top 5.  He's admitted he's not done evaluating the QBs, so it's all just kind of a throw away comment.

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have maneuvered over the past year to acquire one of the NFL's largest collection of early-round selections in April's draft, but general manager Brandon Beane said Friday that does not mean he will trade up and pick a quarterback.

"I know everyone assumes we're going higher than 12," he said. "I don't know what we're doing. I honestly don't."

\

With only 2017 fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron, signed Wednesday, under contract at quarterback, the Bills are considered to be in the market to select a quarterback early in the draft.

Beane, however, insisted Friday he is keeping his options open.

"There are some players that are going to be at 12 -- whether it's quarterback or another position -- that I know would not have fallen to 21," Beane said, referring to the No. 21 overall selection Buffalo traded to Cincinnati. "I'm excited about that. There are some guys that we were talking about right before we went to the combine with our scouts, and I'm like, 'We're wasting our time with this guy. He ain't falling to 21. This guy is a top-10, 12 -- he ain't getting past 15.'

"We're in the range for those guys [now]. And that's not necessarily quarterback."

m81cax.png

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That’s cute. Nice joke Beane

McCarron gives Buffalo more options IMO

I realize a big part of the Bills fan base have already put all their eggs in one basket on a complete unknown at this point, but that may not be the case with McD/Beane.

McD is a D guru...

• Like (+1) 1