Preston Brown to Bengals

corta765

42 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Marquis Flowers of the Pats...converted safety, very athletic and versatile and has some length. He played very well against us this year. Was all over the field. 

There is no way we should replace our (slower) league leading tackler with a special teams/rotational player that converted from safety two yrs ago... I loved watching him play at Arizona (I grew up in Tucson) but no thanks to that idea. I'm not sure which direction to go to replace Preston Brown but not this way.

Well, hopefully after we draft our QB, the next position we target is Linebacker. I wonder when our 2nd draft pick will actually be when its all said and done. Beane says he only has money for really cheap free agents, and draft picks.

6 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

There is no way we should replace our (slower) league leading tackler with a special teams/rotational player that converted from safety two yrs ago... I loved watching him play at Arizona (I grew up in Tucson) but no thanks to that idea. I'm not sure which direction to go to replace Preston Brown but not this way.

Dude was all over the field against us. I was impressed. I haven't seen nearly as much of him as you, but his skill set looks like one that would succeed in our system. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zach Brown had character issues, mainly from SF. that led to his FA situation last year. Preston is the opposite. 

Not sure that's true. Don't recall any character issues, not to mention he was never in SF.

Preston Brown is the perfect LB to bring in off the bench in a rotation.. It would have been nice to have him in a rotation, but as a starter he is below average.

I personally think the Bills want a star at the position. I wonder how long it will take to get a guy like that.

1 hour ago, JXCOL3 said:

I kind of wanted him to re-sign with us. Not saying we should of over paid for him, but he was so reliable and durable. Oh well, onto the next

I think the Bills thought they might keep him as a backup, for backup pay.  Preston wanted more.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m hoping Buffalo gets the QB @ 12, then Vander Esch at 22, 2nd round get a DT (Phillips) and WR (Miller) 3rd Weakside LB (Scales/Leonard/Jefferson) and OT/OG (O’Neill or BPA)