Preston Brown to Bengals

corta765

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Here are some FA ILB's.    Yeah, I would have liked Williamson also, and not happy a division rival got him! 

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018ILB.php

Bowman would be great, likely out of price range.  

D. Johnson would be interesting--not sure how much is left in the tank, but likely cut due to salary by KC.  

Hodges and Bostic seem like guys that could play better in a different situation.  

whitehead allready signed with the raiders.....i liked him too

I think this has more to do with positions that McBeane value highly and which positions they want to have superstars in...  Such as in Carolina they had a high 1st round QB in Newton and then the QB in the middle of their defense Luke Kueckly who was also a high 1st rounder...  They see those two positions as vital to the teams success and Brown is not a good enough athlete to satisfy McBeane.  They will be taking QB in the top 5 and look to upgrade MLB in the draft this year or next.

On the other side, they have shown that they do not spend big money on CBs.  They let Norman walk in Carolina, Gilmore walk last year, and appear to be fine with letting Gaines leave.

Just now, nichebiche said:

He was a 4-year starter. Not sure how much more you could reasonably expect from a 3rd round pick.

You've seen him play right? How much could he reasonably expect for a contract? Him and McCarron must have the same agent.

47 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I thought E.J. Gaines would have been signed by another team before Preston Brown.

One guy hasn't missed playing time and is among the leaders in tackles since entering the league. The other has missed a bunch of playing time and may have thrived in a specific scheme. 

I think Gaines thought he would cash in due to the being a CB after a good showing last year. Problem is he has injury concerns and not everyone plays zone.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would love for the Bills to resign Gaines, draft two LBers, and devote rest of draft and FA on offense

Good plan.   

Man do I want Roquan Smith on this team.   Not sure they'd be able to swing it if they trade up for QB, but he'd be a monster in this D...

• Like (+1) 1