Preston Brown to Bengals

corta765

43 minutes ago, davspo said:

I don't understand all the hate for Brown.  He was a competent started, although not a superstar.  He was rarely injured and a good locker room guy.  I don't think he fits the McD mold of linebackers but he is better than anyone we currently have.  I am guessing a linebacker will be the Bills second pick in the draft - whatever round that may be.  I am still very concerned about the oline- especially with an inexperienced quarterback.  

It's not hate.  It's wanting more athleticism, that's all.  Just like people wanted to move on from TT, others also wanted to move on from PB.  Like TT PB is a stand up guy.  So no I wouldn't say people hate him.  We just want better at the position.  Because like TT, the limitations in his skillset will hold a coordinator back.

If Brown's lack of athleticism were not an issue then people wouldn't have any issue whatsoever having him back.  It'll be interesting to see where Marvin Lewis plays him.  I think he'll do well in Marvin's defense and hopefully, it lands him a long-term deal with either the Bengals or some other team.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Better!

Player Seasons Combined Tackles Tackles/Season
London Fletcher 16 1796 112
Preston Brown 4 512 128

When you have a defense that can't get off the field, it's easy to rack up tackles. Are Preston Brown and Joe Schobert the best inside LB's in the game? Of course not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, QCity said:

When you have a defense that can't get off the field, it's easy to rack up tackles. Are Preston Brown and Joe Schobert the best inside LB's in the game? Of course not.

Yes.  You're right.  The St Louis, Buffalo, and Washington defenses Fletcher payer for were right up there with the '85 Bears.  

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I agree.  Don't get the hate.  He played in the middle.  He wasn't going to get 10 sacks.  He did exactly like London Fletcher did for years.   What do you expect from a MLB?

How in the world are London Fletcher and Preston Brown the same?

10 sacks?  Did anyone expect sacks from Brown or something?

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

Yes.  You're right.  The St Louis, Buffalo, and Washington defenses Fletcher payer for were right up there with the '85 Bears.  

Talk about taking a post extremely out of context.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't we just say goodbye to a good Bill in every way character, play, teammate, off the field etc etc......who wanted to stay, and gave his all every down he ever played and came up big in only playoff game Bills have been in in last 18 years.????

Why all the hate??

I'm ok with this.  Move up and draft QB and then at least 4 front 7 defenders in the draft

23 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Can't we just say goodbye to a good Bill in every way character, play, teammate, off the field etc etc......who wanted to stay, and gave his all every down he ever played and came up big in only playoff game Bills have been in in last 18 years.????

Why all the hate??

Don't see any hate on this thread.  Apathy yes but no hate.  Brown was not polarizing enough to hate nor good enough to care.

10 hours ago, nucci said:

Why is it always "overpay" when it comes to a FA? The NFL has billions of dollars and the salary cap is close to $180M per team. What do you think the contracts will look like?

Its the only word these people know so they repeat it like parrots...

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Its the only word these people know so they repeat it like parrots...

There is a salary cap. One for which we have little room. So it is natural to analyze the value of a player and what sort of contract he deserves. It's intelligent conversation and the complete opposite of parrots actually. It's healthy debate.

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There is a salary cap. One for which we have little room. So it is natural to analyze the value of a player and what sort of contract he deserves. It's intelligent conversation and the complete opposite of parrots actually. It's healthy debate.

Hahahahahaha no.... It isnt the second a contract comes out the parrots squak "Overpaid"

• Like (+1) 1