Preston Brown to Bengals

corta765

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm guessing now this falls through?

The Raiders probably already knew about it but I haven’t seen any updates on where that trade stands 

hes missing the 1st part of the season for the 4th (!) season in a row so they didn’t sign Preston just for that. Oddly enough they just have Burfict an extension (duh)

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't understand all the hate for Brown.  He was a competent started, although not a superstar.  He was rarely injured and a good locker room guy.  I don't think he fits the McD mold of linebackers but he is better than anyone we currently have.  I am guessing a linebacker will be the Bills second pick in the draft - whatever round that may be.  I am still very concerned about the oline- especially with an inexperienced quarterback.  

Edited by davspo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, davspo said:

I don't understand all the hate for Brown.  He was a competent started, although not a superstar.  He was rarely injured and a good locker room guy.  I don't think he fits the McD mold of linebackers but he is better than anyone we currently have.  I am guessing a linebacker will be the Bills second pick in the draft - whatever round that may be.  I am still very concerned about the oline- especially with an inexperienced quarterback.  

Image result for gronkowski hit gif

7 minutes ago, davspo said:

I agree.  Don't get the hate.  He played in the middle.  He wasn't going to get 10 sacks.  He did exactly like London Fletcher did for years.   What do you expect from a MLB?

1 minute ago, Irv said:

I agree.  Don't get the hate.  He played in the middle.  He wasn't going to get 10 sacks.  He did exactly like London Fletcher did for years.   What do you expect from a MLB?

Exactly like London Fletcher? 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Exactly like London Fletcher? 

Better!

Player Seasons Combined Tackles Tackles/Season
London Fletcher 16 1796 112
Preston Brown 4 512 128

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Better!

Player Seasons Combined Tackles Tackles/Season
London Fletcher 16 1796 112
Preston Brown 4 512 128

I don’t want to get into it and won’t belabor the point. I’ll just say Fletcher and Brown couldn’t be more disparate MLBs.

And the number of tackles an LB makes is perhaps the most dubious stat in the game. 

I will also predict that no matter who they replace him with, whether it’s a rookie or free agent,  there won’t be any drop off in performance. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t want to get into it and won’t belabor the point. I’ll just say Fletcher and Brown couldn’t be more disparate MLBs.

And the number of tackles an LB makes is perhaps the most dubious stat in the game. 

I will also predict that no matter who they replace him with, whether it’s a rookie or free agent,  there won’t be any drop off in performance. 

Why are they so different?  Fletcher didn't fly sideline-to-sideline, picking off passes, and making a ton of sacks.  I think he averaged ~2 sacks a season. 

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Dude,  it's not hate. How would you feel if you were shopping for a Honda Accord and the salesmans opening price was $65k? Sure it was one owner and dependable and started every time but C'mon man!

Then imagine that Accord witnessed your DROY candidate get assaulted AT HOME by the Pats, right in front of him, and his first reaction was to point and complain to the ref.