First Pick @ 12 - Not a QB? How 'bout Vita?

Is there any chance that the trade up to 12 is the only trade up that Beane wanted to get his QB?  I have a sneaky suspicion that Mason Rudolph is the guy they are targeting, and they feel he wouldn't be there at 21, as Arizona may take him or Pittsburgh (they had tons of reps at his Pro Day, which could be a smokescreen).  I thought the knock on him was his arm, but I read an article by Greg Gabriel that said he had a strong arm?

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is there any chance that the trade up to 12 is the only trade up that Beane wanted to get his QB?  I have a sneaky suspicion that Mason Rudolph is the guy they are targeting, and they feel he wouldn't be there at 21, as Arizona may take him or Pittsburgh (they had tons of reps at his Pro Day, which could be a smokescreen).  I thought the knock on him was his arm, but I read an article by Greg Gabriel that said he had a strong arm?

No way that Rudolph goes in the top 20 IMO. I'd be very shocked. I could maybe get the argument if Lamar was their guy; he could potentially get taken in the top 20, but I doubt Buffalo is taking either of them at this point.

Dude there is zero chance we aren't moving up for a franchise qb.

You get one shot every ten years to get a top guy without giving away future 1st rounders and tons of other things.    Beane and McD are fired in three years max if they don't produce, and the only way to do that is-- well everybody knows what that is.

Vea is a monster for sure, and the combine confirmed it.  The next Ngata, would love to have him, we just won't be picking in that middle range where he'll go.

Funny I saw a mock that had him dropping to us and us passing on him with both picks, he went like 24 or 25. 

It happened with Wilfork, he was ranked top 10 overall picks and dropped to the Pats at 21.  

6 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

So, with the AJM signing, does it make sense that we might not go QB with the first pick or even move up? I think there's a chance Vita Vea might still be there at 12. I really think this kid is a once every 10 year draft kind of talent. Does he fill a big need on the defensive line? Or, do you think signing Star Lotulelei eliminated the Bills thoughts on D line in the first round?

Great topic! thanks! 

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

How many Super Bowls did Marcus Stroud and John Henderson win?

Got to go for a QB at 12. 

Somebody mentioned Ngata a bit earlier...even him was not the key for BAL winning a S Bowl, in MHO it was acombaintion of the ¨lights shut off¨  cooling SFR DST and  non-call interference on SFR in the EZ , otherwise  almost everybody would´ve acknowledged the importance of a QB (Kaep) winning a Lomabrdi...

1 minute ago, BuffaLoko said:

Somebody mentioned Ngata a bit earlier...even him was not the key for BAL winning a S Bowl, in MHO it was acombaintion of the ¨lights shut off¨  cooling SFR DST and  non-call interference on SFR in the EZ , otherwise  almost everybody would´ve acknowledged the importance of a QB (Kaep) winning a Lomabrdi...

Let's hypothetically say that we don't go QB at 12 (highly unlikely), but let's pretend. Rashaan Evans is my favorite non-QB prospect in the entire draft. Forget Haloti Ngata, I want Ray Lewis. Guy is intense, incredibly explosive, he will be the best LB in the draft and he would fill a huge void on defense. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Let's hypothetically say that we don't go QB at 12 (highly unlikely), but let's pretend. Rashaan Evans is my favorite non-QB prospect in the entire draft. Forget Haloti Ngata, I want Ray Lewis. Guy is intense, incredibly explosive, he will be the best LB in the draft and he would fill a huge void on defense. 

I like that scenario too, if they for some reason ranging from too steep of a price to trade up  to ¨their guy¨@QB taken too early, need to stay put at 12,

they better get a freakish Defensive guy right there.

If you account for  ~  5 QBs,  ~ 1 RB ,  ~ 2DL, ~ 1DB, (in bold I highlight positions which we don´t need any more)  taken before 12, we are talking about getting one of the 2 top LBs! which has to be a monster pick to me!!! things looking up for our guys!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ddaryl said:

It simply has ot be a bold move up for a QB.... 20+ years of sub par QB play for this franchise.. Most of us old timers can not stomach the thought of passing up a top QB for anything..

The Bills are a lot like a library book when it comes to franchise QB's... We are overdue (Anybody use libraries anymore?)

What the hells a library?.....can I google it?