RB Will Not Be a 2018 Draft Priority

1 minute ago, nucci said:

it shouldn't be a priority..I was told told they're a dime-a-dozen and you can get great RBs in 7th round anytime you need one

If they fix the OL, then that is absolutely true, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

I would spend some draft capital on OL before looking for a young RB to insert into the #2 position on the depth chart. This doesn't concern me in the least.

However our OL needs at least 2 solid additions, and I owuld not be upset with 3. Hoping we can find a hidden gem in FA before its all said and done

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I would spend some draft capital on OL before looking for a young RB to insert into the #2 position on the depth chart. This doesn't concern me in the least.

However our OL needs at least 2 solid additions, and I owuld not be upset with 3. Hoping we can find a hidden gem in FA before its all said and done

If Billy Price is there in the 2nd they should be all over it. He can play every position on the interior OL at a high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Billy Price is there in the 2nd they should be all over it. He can play every position on the interior OL at a high level. 

that would be a very wise idea IMO

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would you take Price or Ragnow?  I think Ragnow allowed 0 sacks the last 2 years.  That said, I've only read about both these guys.  

Also, we need another RB.  We have GREAT compliments to Shady, but we need a guy who can carry the load if Shady goes down.  (Freeman from Oregon, Ballage AZ State, Walton Miami, Penny SD State, Pettway Auburn are all guys who may be available RD. 3 or later.  

39 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

A lot of signals Bills are trading into the top 5 for a QB, but this might be the most obvious. Rookie QB's best friend is a vet RB.  

Is a good offensive line

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Would you take Price or Ragnow?  I think Ragnow allowed 0 sacks the last 2 years.  That said, I've only read about both these guys.  

Also, we need another RB.  We have GREAT compliments to Shady, but we need a guy who can carry the load if Shady goes down.  (Freeman from Oregon, Ballage AZ State, Walton Miami, Penny SD State, Pettway Auburn are all guys who may be available RD. 3 or later.  

I’m fine with either but know Price very well and not familiar with ragnow. Is he a OG as well?

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m fine with either but know Price very well and not familiar with ragnow. Is he a OG as well?

Yeah he plays OG as well.  I agree with you we need a G/C.  Here is info on Ragnow.  I've watched neither, so I'm trying to read-up on the available centers now.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-frank-ragnow-is-the-top-center-in-this-class/

That said, this guy has an interesting take on his other top-guys.  

Edited by RyanC883

I think the opposite. As I stated earlier, the ages of the RB’s are an issue. It’s the perfect time to draft one. Chances are either Cadet, Ivory, Jones or Green are cut before the season. So if the Bills take one in the 3/4 rounds I’d be very much ok with it. Provided they still have those draft picks...

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not saying I want Buffalo take a RB early, but I absolutely think they should be drafting one at some point this year. This year's class is so ridiculously stacked; even if it's the 5th or 6th rounder that they have, they should be able to get a decent change-of-pace guy. I'm still hoping for Nyheim Hines or Martez Carter on Day 3.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I was being sarcastic

I figured with the 7th round piece.  But I do think it's true that any team with an above average O line can turn a 3rd-4th round RB into a stud.