#13 Buffalo vs #5 Kentucky CBS Sat 5:15pm

1 minute ago, Steve O said:

Hopefully the bars will start to clear out by then.

Dreaming... St.Paddy's Day on a Saturday! 5:15?

Last year, Friday... Was even worse.  We are going into The Loop today to have dinner.  Forget about tomorrow!

A slight band of ice/freezing rain is predicated to blow through here after Midnight, not sure when (if) it reaches WNY?  Then 55 on Sunday.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't think I would be starting this thread. #UBHornsUp!

No Doubt! Congrats! Huge win.

Hope the pub I will be at will show the game for us. Be a nice warm-up before we get to watch the Leafs spank the Habs! 

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

There will not be a coaching mismatch in this one.Go Bulls

meaning that Kentucky just goes out there and plays and when they finally hit a team that isn't afraid and plays well they are toast?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What does plus  on the moneyline mean? 

Moneyline is strictly a bet on who you will the game, no points involved. And the plus number is what you win if you bet $100. 

In this instance, you bet $100 to win on the Bulls and they win? You get $305 back..your original $100 plus the $205 you won. Last night, the BUlls were +325!!!! Getting way more respect from the gamblers after that win last night.

You can also bet the favourite on the money line, Kentucky is prolly -195 or so..meaning you have to bet $195 to win $100..again no points involved.(edit) actually minus $245!!! 

Just as an aside..it is a bet employed by the vast majority of "sharps" on football. Less than 18% of games in the NFL are decided within " the spread" . Meaning in 82% of the games, the underdog either wins the game outright, or loses by more than the points they are getting. Typically, with the extra money you get on an outright win, the extra money on the wins more than cover for the 18% where the underdog covers. And I only bet underdogs that I think will win the game.

And that was a great plan to last year, when it seemed every god dang dog I bet lost, but covered the sperad!  Rough year!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Moneyline is strictly a bet on who you will the game, no points involved. And the plus number is what you win if you bet $100. 

In this instance, you bet $100 to win on the Bulls and they win? You get $305 back..your original $100 plus the $205 you won.

You can also bet the favourite on the money line, Kentucky is prolly -195 or so..meaning you have to bet $195 to win $100..again no points involved.

what's the largest plus side on moneyline you have wagered on

and the largest you have won on?

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what's the largest plus side on moneyline you have wagered on

and the largest you have won on?

My biggest win was a Maryland/Rutgers football game. Maryland was getting 21 or so, was plus $625 on the money line. Hard to find one bigger than that nowadays in football unless you get into FCS/FBS stuff, and those are tough to find a place to take the bet..books know guys who watch/know the FCS team have a huge advantage as info is limited

Maryland game was the Year after Rutgers exploded on the scene, and a company I was trying to do business with had a CEO who graduated from Rutgers, was a huge fan, and I had an upcoming meeting with so I watched their first 3 games. Barely squeaked by some God awful lucky  plays, were giving up huge runs running, but were still ranked in the top 15.

Maryland was my favourite team back then, and they started 0-3 , maybe won one or two games the year before, but had gotten beat by some fluke plays and running game was dominant. 

Said screw it, I think Maryland wins the game outright..and as they say"even a blind squirel"

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

In this instance, you bet $100 to win on the Bulls and they win? You get $305 back..your original $100 plus the $205 you won. Last night, the BUlls were +325!!!! Getting way more respect from the gamblers after that win last night.

You can also bet the favourite on the money line, Kentucky is prolly -195 or so..meaning you have to bet $195 to win $100..again no points involved.(edit) actually minus $245!!! 

Just as an aside..it is a bet employed by the vast majority of "sharps" on football. Less than 18% of games in the NFL are decided within " the spread" . Meaning in 82% of the games, the underdog either wins the game outright, or loses by more than the points they are getting. Typically, with the extra money you get on an outright win, the extra money on the wins more than cover for the 18% where the underdog covers. And I only bet underdogs that I think will win the game.

And that was a great plan to last year, when it seemed every god dang dog I bet lost, but covered the sperad!  Rough year!

Thank you for that explanation. Great information and nicely articulated. 

11 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

No worries there. Never have had the gambling bug, but was always curious about what the money line meant. 

i think i've told my father about 8 times a year for the last 20 what all that stuff means, he never really was into retaining what he didn't really care about...  :D

used to dabble a bit,

the son of a former partner would rack up a $20,000 debt and plead it was the last time ever, honestly before daddy bailed him out again

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thanks for the info. You make me eager to join the ranks of the degenerate gamblers. Another question: Do the pros still break legs if you are delinquent in payments? :D