RB Taiwan Jones is Also Back on a 1-Year Deal

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to RB Taiwan Jones is Also Back
8 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

from your perspective, does a signing like this generally preclude taking a RB in the later rounds? 

We have 4 and a fullback at the moment.  Cadet and Jones fill roles of 3rd down pass catching depth, and Jones is a teams guy.  I don't think its something we're looking at right now.

21 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We have 4 and a fullback at the moment.  Cadet and Jones fill roles of 3rd down pass catching depth, and Jones is a teams guy.  I don't think its something we're looking at right now.

I was thinking more from a cash management perspective. 

From a roster building position, yeah ... I'd agree with ScottLaw and yourself. I would have hoped the team would look to get younger and faster at running back. 

29 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Is Cadet signed?  I would like it if he was.  Regardless of being signed or not, I don't think Cadet will be ready for the start of TC?  I could be wrong.

He’s a core ST player 

31 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Wonder if this means Tolbert is gone (ie, Jones is now the “ST Guy”)?

Yes he’s gone. He’s a FA and Beane already said he’s “not in the mix”. Ivory really took Tolbert’s place. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I was thinking more from a cash management perspective. 

From a roster building position, yeah ... I'd agree with ScottLaw and yourself. I would have hoped the team would look to get younger and faster at running back. 

I think they're being realistic.  Lot of picks likely go into bringing in a QB, so its going to be tough to use one of the remaining ones on a depth running back who doesn't play special teams.  They brought in Ivory to bridge at least 1 more year until they draft someone.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Buffalo really loves their 30 year old backs.

Rome wasn't built in a day and running backs are still pretty much a dime a dozen.  Also we have a 29 year old running back who is still top 5 in the league and hasn't shown signs of slowing down.  It's ridiculous that people are actually worried about this.  There are much, much bigger needs on this team than running back.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12