Who is your #2 WR to Target in free agency?

Want a slot vet quick on the line and gets open quickly, acts as a safety blanket. Don't the the point in drafting one if we want to keep spinning the wheels on Zay, but I'd like a later round flyer if we have it.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Someone who has speed.

Who is cheap

Who has unrealized potential

Please don't say deonte Thompson. Did is opposite of security blanket. But yeah.. we need speed too *sigh

1 minute ago, wppete said:

We need speed. I’m not sure who is left in FA right now. Any speedsters left in FA?

Mike Wallace i guess. I'd pass tho

Maclin is fast no?

Definitely prefer an outside speed guy over a slot receiver. Let Zay transition to the slot where his talent translates a little better. 

Would love Deonte back, as the 4th/5th receiver. Let him battle it out with Holmes and Streeter. 

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what's the scoop on him?.........

He doesn't really have the numbers, but he wants WR2 money.  It'd be easier if he had at least one year of reasonable production a la Paul Richardson, but he's never eclipsed 35 targets or 21 receptions.

His efficiency numbers are off-the-charts good though, so there is real upside.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/brice-butler/

He's got a big personality, so he'd have to prove himself a #process guy if he wants to make it here.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The only one that's really interesting to me is Cameron Meredith. Maybe a little bit of interest in Brice Butler.

They tendered Meredith but they added robinson, gabriel and burton.  They probably have the cap room to match as well.  

Not a big fan of Butler, he's got rock hands.  

Maclin maybe?  He's a cap casualty, and is probably still pretty quick.  

Eric Decker?  His wife's hot so he'll fit right in.  But from a football perspective, he played in a stale mularkey offense with a bad QB and put up OK numbers.  He doesn't add a sorely needed speed element though. 

At the same token, there aren't any burners who can also catch and run routes available.  Kinda slim pickins, which is why watkins and robinson got paid so much.

Edited by dneveu

I would sign these 3 players or 2 of 3 to add with Benjamin and Zay

T Pryor

Michael Floyd 

Bruce Ellington 

U can possibly get all 3 for under 12mil per yr collectively.  These signing would give us a nice WR core no real stars but guys that can make plays. 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I would sign these 3 players or 2 of 3 to add with Benjamin and Zay

T Pryor

Michael Floyd 

Bruce Ellington 

U can possibly get all 3 for under 12mil per yr collectively.  These signing would give us a nice WR core no real stars but guys that can make plays. 

He's back with the Texans.

30 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

Crabtree 

Looks like he'll sign with the Ravens.  Does not offer the needed speed.

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what's the scoop on him?.........

Big, fast and untapped.  He would be a great 3 year get as a #2.  He’s just starting to realize his own potential.   

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would still prefer a trade for Martavius Bryant, but it seems like Pittsburgh is holding him for now.  I think he was WR 1 upside if he stays on the right path.

I like him as well, but would be concerned about him with a rookie QB.   Pure talent, no question, but would he have the needed patience, I wonder.