3-16: Brandon Beane Presser at 10 AM ET - Big Free Agent Spending Is Done

10 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Did Beane just tip his hand by saying " this player ain't getting by 15"??

Consider perspective. He knew he needed to get to 12 to get some players he wanted; it doesn't say he wants to go further.

GR commentator has it bang on.
This team puts a value on a player and won't outpay to move up. 

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

He could've said any other number, why focus on 15??  The Dr. picked up on the same reference. Arizona has been mocked to a certain QB at 15. IJS

Which one? I haven't paid too much attention to mocks.

I wonder which QB has been mocked to the Cards at 15???

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Which one? I haven't paid too much attention to mocks.

At this point, every QB has been mocked to every QB-needy team. It doesnt matter specifically who. I think Beane is working of an assumption that there will be an early run on QBs, so waiting until #22 isnt an option. Regardless of who you want.

1 minute ago, AmishRifle said:

PSA:  If you didn't get enough of the very short press conference, John Murphy said that Brandon Beane will be on the John Murphy Show at noon to answer more questions.

Cant wait for those hard-hitting questions from Murphy and Jones. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

He could've said any other number, why focus on 15??  The Dr. picked up on the same reference. Arizona has been mocked to a certain QB at 15. IJS

It is always top 5, top 10, top 15....

If he was saying 11, 13 or 14 (I left 12 out because that is our pick now) - then it would be a bit strange. I have been working in manufacturing a long time now, it's weird that every tolerance always ends in a 5 or a 0. That's just where most minds seem to go 0s and 5s

• Like (+1) 2