Who else really wants a first round MLB?

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

All for trading up for that quarterback, but i'd be just as happy if we landed a generational talent at MLB. A franchise MLB lol, this defense becomes unstoppable, for years to come.

You must really like going 8-8 every season

• Like (+1) 5

Not sure about taking a LB round one but I do know this team has needed faster and better play from their linebackers for a long time. I wouldn't be upset if we took one round one if it helps our defense. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You must really like going 8-8 every season

A ray Lewis or kuechly make us a 10, 11 win team. I understand it's an unreasonable goal like saying it'd be nice if we got a TB12 this draft

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Oakland for sure.

Huh?

Absolutely.  I would've loved to grab us a Patrick Willis, Luke Kuechly or Khalil Mack over the years.  Everybody is talking about the franchise QB which is true we do absolutely need but if we are going to become a contender we also need to land a franchise game changer on the defensive side too.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

A ray Lewis or kuechly make us a 10, 11 win team. I understand it's an unreasonable goal like saying it'd be nice if we got a TB12 this draft

Huh?

There are a ton of mocks out there saying Oakland will get the kid Smith from Georgia to be their MLB

My bad.  I thought your post was asking what other teams want an MLB.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There are a ton of mocks out there saying Oakland will get the kid Smith from Georgia to be their MLB

oh. We if he's special, I'd love the pick. I think a guy like Josh Allan could be fine at 22, according to how much of TBD hates him, and we could still move up for a slew of picks for the QB.

And AJ Mccaron is growing on me tbh

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

It's around this time every year I wish I was a fly on the wall in the Bills front office.  It will come down to just how Beane and McDermott and Daboll, and the scouts and so on rank the QBs in this draft.  If they think the top six guys are pretty much equivalent, then I'd much rather they take a guy like Smith at 12 that has bona fide All Pro written all over him and then take say a Jackson at 22 for QB.

My guess is they think one of these QB sis a can't miss kind of pick and they will move up to get him.  And if I had to guess which one I'd say Rosen.

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

All for trading up for that quarterback, but i'd be just as happy if we landed a generational talent at MLB. A franchise MLB lol, this defense becomes unstoppable, for years to come.

Khalil Mack becomes an UFA next year and we will have the money to pay him.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the OP. I don't think any of these quarterbacks are *worth* that high pick as we get closer to the draft.  However, are any of the linebackers worthy of it either?  Do any of the LBs stand out as that Derrick Brooks/Ray Lewis type difference maker?

Definitely all in on QB, but if we go a different route to get there (12, 53, next years 1st?), and we still have 22, I'd be happy to pick up whoever's left of the top LB's (Smith, Evans, Edmunds, Vander Esche).