Who is your favorite free agent signing so far?

Logic

So after a busy couple of seeks at One Bills Drive, the Buffalo Bills have some new players on their roster. While I'm certain more will be added in the coming days, which signing so far has been your favorite, and why?

Vontae Davis?
Chris Ivory?
Star Lotulelei?
Trent Murphy? 
AJ McCarron?

I'll start. It's hard to vote against a potential #1 caliber corner, a 348lb behemoth, or a young and hungry quarterback on an arguably below market deal. 

But for my money? My favorite signing thus far has been Trent Murphy. 

My favorite Buffalo Bill of all time is Kyle Williams. Why? Well...to me, he embodies everything good about the city of Buffalo and the sport of football. He is less athletically gifted than most NFL players, but due to non-stop hard work, tenacity, and perseverance,  he has been a consistently dominant force on the football field. He doesn't care about stats or glory, he just goes to work doing one of the hardest and most thankless job in the NFL, gutting it out in the trenches year after year for a team that, for most of his career, hasn't won many games. He never complains, he never quits, he just outworks everyone and leads by example. 

Trent Murphy seems a whole lot like another Kyle Williams to me. Every report I've read seems to indicate he's smart as a whip, tough as hell, a vocal leader, and relentless worker. A warrior on the field who -- the last time he played a full season -- had 9 sacks despite playing only 60% of defensive snaps. A guy whose arrow is pointing up and whose best football is ahead of him. A match made in heaven for the city of Buffalo.

From .   http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/why_trent_murphy_thinks_hes_an_ideal_fit_for_sean_mcdermotts_buffalo_bills.html

Murphy, who is training in Columbus, Ohio at Westside Barbell, could have taken the first flight from Columbus to Buffalo on Thursday morning. But he couldn't wait to get to his new home. So he jumped in a rented pickup truck and made the five-hour drive to Western New York, arriving at 1:30 a.m. 

"Drove through the snow and that's about all I could see," Murphy said. "I'm pumped." 

"Yeah, I mean what I think coach is looking for here as far as blue-collar guys, a scheme, guys that are passionate and trying to build a culture, kind of just that tough, blue-collar mentality, winning, playing together, just competing," Murphy said. "Just was talking to the strength coach about the offseason plans about how it's a little bit more- almost like college again; we're competing and we're getting better, but we're splitting up into teams and everything's a competition. We're just stirring up that culture and I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it." 

Murphy grew up the middle of seven children on a farm in Arizona. In his bio, it says he used to wrestle a 400-pound steer calf "for fun." 

Can't wait to see this guy on the field in Buffalo Bills red, white, and blue.

So who's your favorite signing so far?

• Like (+1) 1

All the pickups have been solid but nothing spectacular .

Where Beane really hit the home run was trading Tyrod for the 65th pick, and getting a bridge QB in Mccaron for basically peanuts.

That whole sequence with trading TT and getting Mccaron for cheap was brilliant

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, simool said:

I like the McCarron signing but I am a sucker for an underdog.

Murph is going to be a solid pickup.

Personally, I don't think they gave him $7million/year to be a backup, but we shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

I like McCarron at that price, and hope Murph, Davis, Lotu and Ivory can come back to form. They all have shown high potential and it remains to be seen if they all come back. If they do there is a tremendous amount of upside.

McCarron. Just for the fact he was the free agent besides Cousins that had the most upside to go with being healthy. Keenum could be argued, but he’s also around 30. Bridgewater might have more upside but his health is a major concern. He also gives us the ability to draft whoever we like the most and let them sit for a year and learn the game. 

I need a little help on this Trent Murphy love.  He has already been suspended 4 games for PED.  Another suspension is a season long suspension.  He is coming off major ACL injury.  His prior performance may have been PED aided.

So how is he not a punk?  A bum? A cheat?  Add any other name that Marshawn Lynch was called on this board? 

Murphy. He's an immediate upgrade over Shaq. He's a hair above avg.

McCarron should be a solid backup.

Lotulelei should help a bit in the run game, but does nothing for our pass defense in a passing league. Some seem to think he's great. He's not even close. He can't shed blockers to save his life. I get that he's just a space eater, but he's a liability in every other phase of the game. Spare me the "Oh but he doesn't have to do this or be that." We've been doing "don't have to" long enough. All that said, if we finish in the top 6 in run defense, I'll be pleased enough. You can't have probowlers at every position. 

I like Ivory. He'll be able to take some of the load off Shady's back and he's a gargantuan upgrade over Tolbert, even at his age.

Edited by GreggTX