Where Will EJ Manuel End Up?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

He'll be lucky to be on any roster. EJ screwed himself over. He really didn't work on his game nor spend weekends studying game film with the coaches.

That's quite the wild insinuation. Do you have proof of this?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eff I was wrong. Here is something I googled about EJ Manuel:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/6/12/11902312/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-backup-quarterback

Okay. I take it back. He is a hard worker. But still, how come his improvements never showed? Can Steve Billieve explain that?

Ok. So it was just a guess. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eff I was wrong. Here is something I googled about EJ Manuel:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/6/12/11902312/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-backup-quarterback

Okay. I take it back. He is a hard worker. But still, how come his improvements never showed? Can Steve Billieve explain that?

I can. Elite athletes are that. Elite. You CANNOT be an average Joe and outwork the world into the NFL. You just can’t. Every single person who enters the NFL has won the genetic lottery, in that they are born from the womb with an innate gift that 99% of people are incapable of acheiving. 

Within that 99th percentile their are levels of gifted. Some have better heads than others. Some have the ability absorb and process information faster. Some physically recover quickly. EJ failed because he wasn’t gifted enough. It’s as simple as that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I can. Elite athletes are that. Elite. You CANNOT be an average Joe and outwork the world into the NFL. You just can’t. Every single person who enters the NFL has won the genetic lottery, in that they are born from the womb with an innate gift that 99% of people are incapable of acheiving. 

Within that 99th percentile their are levels of gifted. Some have better heads than others. Some have the ability absorb and process information faster. Some physically recover quickly. EJ failed because he wasn’t gifted enough. It’s as simple as that. 

Thanks for your input. EJ Manuel did win the genetics lottery though. He's a big dude like Andrew Luck, Cam Newton type. It's his football IQ. That's the problem.  I hope he's a late bloomer like Nick Foles, but Foles had a lot more snaps compared to EJ to get where he is today. And like Lfod mentioned, EJ couldn't hold down a backup gig with the Raiders. It's safe to say that EJ's days are done. I hope he lands somewhere in the NFL though.

10 hours ago, McBean said:

Canton Ohio.

The Hall of Fame.

Mopping the Floors ;)

BTW Tampa would have been logical they could have EJ V1 and EJ V2 but they went with the beard at BU QB.

He was a good backup for the raiders. Obviously a bust but personally i think he'll carve out a long career being one of the better league backups.

I'd be happy to see it happen. And that's something he can hang his hat on, just a decent player drafted too early.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks