Where Will EJ Manuel End Up?

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I don't know if that's sarcasm or whatever. I'm just a fan. I gave up on EJ Manuel at the tail end of his time here. He looks the part, but he didn't have the football IQ. I was hoping he shows me something, but he never did. He flirted with it, but eh. I got tired.

Everything I've heard about ej is that he's a very hard worker.  It's a competitive sport, just by you fail doesn't mean you didn't work hard enough.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

He'll be lucky to be on any roster. EJ screwed himself over. He really didn't work on his game nor spend weekends studying game film with the coaches.

How do you know?

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

How do you know?

4 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Everything I've heard about ej is that he's a very hard worker.  It's a competitive sport, just by you fail doesn't mean you didn't work hard enough.

Eff I was wrong. Here is something I googled about EJ Manuel:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/6/12/11902312/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-backup-quarterback

Okay. I take it back. He is a hard worker. But still, how come his improvements never showed? Can Steve Billieve explain that?

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

I don’t know why people are ragging on EJ. It’s not his fault he was drafted 1st in a horrible QB draft. Like most drafted QBs, it just didn’t work out. He was a decent guy though. 

Theres a lot of truth to this.  Most teams had a 3rd round grade on EJ.  Because Buddy Nix (and maybe Doug Whaley) was such a lousy GM that mishandled the QB position, he backed himself into a wall of finding a QB in a bad draft class.  I still have no idea why they felt so compelled to draft EJ in round 1, when he might be available in round 4.

You can’t blame fans.  When a 1st round pick (especially a QB) doesn’t pan out, it’s disappointing.  

• Like (+1) 1