Use the Pick 22 to Trade Up

We keep thinking that using the 12th pick is the most viable path to moving up. Why not use the 22nd pick? 

TB at 7 seems like a decent partner. The 22nd + both 2nds gets us just about there and if we could throw in the 4th to seal the deal. 

1 minute ago, switz1610 said:

We keep thinking that using the 12th pick is the most viable path to moving up. Why not use the 22nd pick? 

TB at 7 seems like a decent partner. The 22nd + both 2nds gets us just about there and if we could throw in the 4th to seal the deal. 

What would you then do with 7 and 12?  Stay put?  Draft who?

I like keeping the 2nd round picks.

8 minutes ago, switz1610 said:

If we're serious about trading up, chances are we're gonna need both.

The talk about the #12 pick is just thinking that teams who pick in the top 5 would not want to drop 16 spots to 21.  Dropping 7 spots might be more palatable.

Or not.  We'll see. 

Certainly if I were picking at #7 I would be more interested collecting some extra picks to drop only 5 spots, than in dropping 15 spots to 22.

Assuming the Bills want to move up for one of the top QBs and most observers are doing, almost a no brainer to think they'll need to get to # 2 or 3.  As has already been mentioned, that's going to take draft picks.  Having dealt with injuries for both of his first two seasons, I doubt that Shaq Lawson is going to have great value in a trade.  I'll let Beane try to figure out what it will actually take though.