Saints owner Tom Benson passes

26 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Spouses don’t pay estate taxes

Interesting. She looks like she has another 20 years left in her. Maybe the Saints are OK.

Kim Pegula looks like she has another 40 or 50 in her.. good news for the Bills.

44 minutes ago, boater said:

Gayle may be legally planted to become owner. BUT.. does Gayle have the ability to pay the estate tax?

Estate taxes is why Ralph Wilson's daughter didn't get the Bills. It's also why the Cooke family had to sell the Redskins to Daniel Snyder.

I think the Saints will be up for sale. Sadly. But people want to tax the rich, and this is a result.

why would the wife pay estate taxes? 

This was interesting to me:

That would be the equivalent of Pegula’s pall bearers being Russ Brandon and his staff along with Brandon Beane. That is the CEO, GM, EVP of Marketing, CFO, EVP of sales, head of PR and a few others. That is strange but speaks to the weird dynamic here. He surrounded himself with “yes” men and now they are literally “surrounding him.” 

Him and Ralph were buddies..the two of them always stuck up for the small market teams..for obvious reasons.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:03 PM, NoSaint said:

Definitely a spot where what someone wants to have happen or thinks will happen may not come to fruition but we all know you are good at weighing sources and sharing accurately

hes such an interesting case as an owner. You may feel different but it seemed he really wanted to move, not just used it as leverage. But he also gave a small market in Nola a championship (after decades of failure).... it’s one of those spots where his legacy is messy but the city’s relationship with the team is rock solid. While I think Ralph went to the wall for buffalo, I think New Orleans (and benson) got lucky that he wasn’t able to move the saints.

The only time he threatened to move the team to San Antonio was post Katrina...and that was Rita LeBlanc's doing.

Edited by Misterbluesky

• 4 weeks later...