Bucky Brooks Mock Draft 2.0.

PIZ

Barf!, this draft is the worst case scenario.  We move up to #12 & take freaking Allen? Ok, if he's McBeane's guy- at least we didn't trade up to top-3 & do it. And we still have #22 to get a nice LB. Nope, we take a Center. And a 2nd tier prospect no less.

38 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Thoughts on this?  No trade up and get Josh Allen (QB - Wyoming) at 12 and James Daniels (C - Iowa) at 22.

He’s drafting as though the order will stay as is it of 3/15.  There’s going to be a lot of movement for th QB’s.  Likely from the Bills.

oh yeah.  Bucky was one of the biggest 2nd round busts in Bills history. 

i don’t like it because it smells lazy to me. We know Woods retired .  We also know Groy did pretty good in Woods place in 2016. I would rather see a pick in the third round for an interior lineman the Bills like. 

I also think IF the Bills go QB they will move up one more time to ensure they get their guy. 

Brooks, having been in the scouting trenches before, has very good contacts around the league and he’s never been a shill for agents as far as I know, so I wonder how much his mocks reflect what he’s hearing around the community. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

...21/22 picks offered no breathing room back to back IMO.....the new spread between 12 and 22 is more palatable IMO for McBeane.....more time to see what unfolds as far as the top tier QB prospects versus the next tier [prospects perhaps starting with 20+ (fill in the tier names accordingly)....I'm GUESSING he positionally stays put at 12 & 22 to get "his guy" whomever that may be and whomever fits HIS definition of a "franchise QB"...regardless, there will be happy and unhappy campers with whatever he does.....stay tuned........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...21/22 picks offered no breathing room back to back IMO.....the new spread between 12 and 22 is more palatable IMO for McBeane.....more time to see what unfolds as far as the top tier QB prospects versus the next tier [prospects perhaps starting with 20+ (fill in the tier names accordingly)....I'm GUESSING he positionally stays put at 12 & 22 to get "his guy" whomever that may be and whomever fits HIS definition of a "franchise QB"...regardless, there will be happy and unhappy campers with whatever he does.....stay tuned........

I'm thinking the same.  I have a feeling his guy is not a guy we have been hoping for.

I hope we get a QB and a guy like Harrison Phillips or some big OL (we are thin).

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm thinking the same.  I have a feeling his guy is not a guy we have been hoping for.

I hope we get a QB and a guy like Harrison Phillips or some big OL (we are thin).

...your guess is as good as mine.....first, who knows what McBeane's definition of a "franchise QB" is?.....there's NOTHING in my Funk & Wagnalls......I'd bet there are VAST differences between McBeane and TBD'ers.......so does he mimic Monty Hall and move up?...or...does he stay put at 12/22?....does he go QB and the OL/DL with the other first?......or does he use BOTH 1sts for OL/DL or DL/OL and look to the next tier of QB's (ie. Rudolph, projected as both a 1st or 2nd, Falk, Lauletta, White, Jackson, etc?) for HIS definition of a franchise QB?....no ,matter what there will be happy AND unhappy campers with whatever he does.....

I *could* imagine that they may end up at 12, if the price to trade up is too steep or if all of the QBs that they rate highest go very early.

if they stay at 12, there is a reasonable chance that Mayfield or Allen (or both) are available there.  Now, to be clear I would like them to trade up even if it would be for Mayfield or Allen,just to be sure they get who they want most.

Still, I can’t understand why Mason Rudolph is not a possiblility in round 1 - great production, multi-year starter and reportedly showed very good knowledge of offenses in interviews.  I know that many would be shocked and disappointed if they took Rudolph at 12, but I could understand if they did.  I think he is very underrated for reasons that I don’t understand.