This is the “character” that McDermott looks for

12 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I wish I lived in Blo so I could go to games dressed as a wildling. That should absolutely be a thing

I'm all in favor of promoting this whole G.O.T./winter/Bills/wall connection.

I hope the Bills marketing department latches onto this! 

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I'm all in favor of promoting this whole G.O.T./winter/Bills/wall connection.

I hope the Bills marketing department latches onto this! 

Dude, dress someone up like the Night's King or Tormund and post a giant sign that says Winter is Here - players and fans would love that crap. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

To be honest, I'd probably drive from Columbus too. A flight from Columbus to Buffalo seems ridiculous unless it was urgent. 

4.5 hours.  Not exactly the Iditarod...

KatherineKeithBib51.jpg

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t remember ever seeing him play but here was my scouting report upon seeing what he looked like:

The DEFINITIVE profile of a lunch pail guy...

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/stanfords-trent-murphy-traces-toughness-family

• Like (+1) 1

Offense, offense, offense.  Where are this kind of guy on the offense?   I know McDermott is going to get his guys on the defense.   I think the defense will be a lot better this season.

I'm worried about the offense.   

Did he ever say that he wanted choirboys? I think they really want are guys that are dependable and highly self-motivated. Guys that show up for every team function looking like they spend all their time in the gym. Guys like JJ Watt.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

To be honest, I'd probably drive from Columbus too. A flight from Columbus to Buffalo seems ridiculous unless it was urgent. 

prob takes longer than driving.   

Trent's PED suspension bothers me.   Is he still in the same shape?  Guess we will find out.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Often discussed - what is the DNA McDermott refers to?

Frankly I think this "character" thing is overblown. Didnt we just sign Diggy-zoo? And wasnt Trent suspended 4 games last year? We just spin this whole character thing into what we want, no? 

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Frankly I think this "character" thing is overblown. Didnt we just sign Diggy-zoo? And wasnt Trent suspended 4 games last year? We just spin this whole character thing into what we want, no? 

Not really. After seeing the types of players he brings in,  It is my opinion that this is the “character” he refers to. Not guys who simply lack of PED suspensions or arrests. Football character. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

letsgofishing7.jpgAfter the GOT reference, you have to love Murphy, plus the late night drive to Buffalo.

The only way fans are going to like him more is if they find out he packs his own lunch and carries it to the stadium in a lunchbox!  :lol:

Chris Kelsay best two years only totaled 1.5 more sacks than Murphy had last year!