Tyrod named starting QB of Browns

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This has got to affect draft plans for everyone. #4 is looking pretty good!

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This has got to affect draft plans for everyone. #4 is looking pretty good!

I sometimes watch Drennan Live on STO...man everybody is in love with Tyrod..big time.I guess they plan to get even more wr's  in the draft..add in Barkley and Hyde...ahh..they might have something there...

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I sometimes watch Drennan Live on STO...man everybody is in love with Tyrod..big time.I guess they plan to get even more wr's  in the draft..add in Barkley and Hyde...ahh..they might have something there...

Haven't watched that station in forever. Is Last Call still on? I used to watch that a lot after Indians games. 

13 minutes ago, #34fan said:

No competition???

BAD idea....

Agreed

This is where some coaches fall short.  While I can't blame Hue Jackson for finally being happy to have a competent QB, to make a statement that there IS no competition this early sends the wrong message.

While McDermott, no matter the player, makes it clear that they have to come in and compete for their job.

That's what they call creating a culture.  Jackson is creating a poor one, and why he has taken the  hit for the 1-31 record despite the talent issues the team has had.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, #34fan said:

No competition???

BAD idea....

Yep, why would you declare this now?  Seems crazy to me.  I’ve got to believe they draft one of the named QB prospects and if so let them compete.  This declaration just seems stupid unless they really believe that Tyrod has more to offer than what was on display in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There was absolutely no way they were going to start a rookie after how they handled Kizer. 

Of course not.  Personally not a fan of the "open competition" stuff unless you got a bunch of

untested players.  They got TT to be the starter and he should be treated like one.

Let the rookie work his way up to compete for the starter roll.

IMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yep, why would you declare this now?  Seems crazy to me.  I’ve got to believe they draft one of the named QB prospects and if so let them compete.  This declaration just seems stupid unless they really believe that Tyrod has more to offer than what was on display in Buffalo.

I don't get it at all... Hue Jackson has been very, very, disappointing these last couple years.

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I don't get it at all... Hue Jackson has been very, very, disappointing these last couple years.

The best part is Hue handles press conferences with an arrogance matched by neither man nor beast ever.