AJM Tape

ngbills

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Some analysis on AJM. I think with AJ we need weapons or its going to be a long season. Really with any QB but especially him or Peterman. Tyrod had the skills to improvise which could compensate for soe of this but not the case with our current QB's. 

https://www.cover1.net/a-closer-look-at-qb-aj-mccarron/

An offensive line that can pass block would also be helpful .  

5 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I stopped reading when he said he’d be looking for a 3 year 45 million dollar contract, or 1 year at 16 million...

Well thats what the "experts" at ESPN, NFL Network, etc were saying. Obviously no team wanted to give him that. 

• Like (+1) 2

This guy and anyone else we bring in will likely be as good as his offensive line allows him to be.  That and linebacker clearly need to be the draft strategy.  And we can't afford to throw all our high picks away on an unproven rookie quarterback, no matter how well he did in college.  If we're going to trade two number ones, let one of them be next year's.

Yikes.  Every QB looks great when you watch only highlight reels.  And every QB looks crappy when you examine their lowlights.

I think the sample size is still too small to grade AJ as a QB.  But let's remember he's never had the opportunity to QB an offense built around his individual skill set, nor the opportunity to get #1 reps outside a few weeks in 2015.  

And yet his career passer rating is somewhat higher than Tyrod's (and he's cheaper!). 

Edited by hondo in seattle