Josh Rosen myths

48 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

There's a lot going on here...but it's apparent that Rosen is being treated as a proxy chip in a political debate. That and apparently one's support or rejection of Trump has anything to do with Christianity. 

I expect that McBeane want hard working professionals who aren't lockerroom cancers. An NFL team is a large group of folks, many of whom lean left, and many who lean right. I don't think his politics have anything to do with the Bills' evaluation of him.  

You are right; I probably am a bit off in the regard of bringing up the politics. 

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Only two things worry me about Rosen. His concussions and his propensity to force things when its better to just throw the ball away. The latter is easily coached. The former is a legitamate long term concern.

You’re right though, all that other stuff is just BS.

Agreed. He can be better just throwing it away instead of trusting his arm and he needs to be better in the pocket. Just step up here, dink your shoulder here, reset. Not a mobile guy so those little subtle movements in the pocket will be key.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

My concern is Rosen's frame/body.  It's not "heavy duty" sized or made for the NFL.

He looks like he could be injured every 4th time he hits the turf. 

He's 6'4, 225. Once he gets in an NFL nutrition program he should be fine.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

5 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Agree with you there 716. I'm not trying to be disrespectfully disagreeable but facts are really sometimes not facts but very strong suspicions, is what I'm getting at. My son, who is a college recruiter has met, Bosco's head coach Justin Negro and said Negro  gave the impression that he was shall we say a  prima-donna This well after Rosen was at UCLA..   Beyond that, the injuries.... and he may have had a concussion @ St. John Bosco. ..... He has little to no escapability.... I know this is about his character, I just have my doubts about his career. 

I completely agree that Rosens biggest knocks are his mobility and slight frame

With a history of concussions which is concerning. I suffered over 10 concussions in HS and college which ended my career so I know it's no joke

even though they take it much more seriously now then back then so they are very precautionary 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

I've seen several article citing ex-teammates extolling his virtues as a teammate and leader. They are on record. Conversely, I've only seen anonymous charges to the contrary. He's bright, opinionated, and not afraid to put himself out there and if chewing out a teammate because he screwed up an assignment is wrong, give me more. I remember Kelly's first game vs. the Jest back in the day and he was chewing out his lineman and telling them to give him more time because guys were getting open. Ask Chris Burkett how long he lasted when held accountable by Kelly. I like the fact he won't shy away from telling a 10 year vet to get with it. Goes with the territory of the position. 

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Only two things worry me about Rosen. His concussions and his propensity to force things when its better to just throw the ball away. The latter is easily coached. The former is a legitamate long term concern.

You’re right though, all that other stuff is just BS.

the concussions are very concerning.  Main reason I'd go Mayfield over Rosen.  But I'd be fine with Rosen.  Only 2 QB's I see as potential Day 1 starters.  

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I've seen several article citing ex-teammates extolling his virtues as a teammate and leader. They are on record. Conversely, I've only seen anonymous charges to the contrary. He's bright, opinionated, and not afraid to put himself out there and if chewing out a teammate because he screwed up an assignment is wrong, give me more. I remember Kelly's first game vs. the Jest back in the day and he was chewing out his lineman and telling them to give him more time because guys were getting open. Ask Chris Burkett how long he lasted when held accountable by Kelly. I like the fact he won't shy away from telling a 10 year vet to get with it. Goes with the territory of the position. 

I believe that there Is a bias against him because he comes from wealth. So when he gives an opinion on some issues the impression some people have is that there is an attitude of entitlement and arrogance.  Rosen is a smart guy. He is also a forthright guy who  answers questions thoughtfully and honestly. Some people consider him outspoken but I don't. He just doesn't respond like a jock who gives cliché and robotic responses. Some of the old school people are wary about someone who is comfortable outside the confines of the football environment. 

I like Rosen a lot as a player. Most people do. But the reality is that in the parochial world of the football business some people are uncomfortable and feel threatened by someone who thinks about things beyond the field. There may be a few anonymous critics about his attitude but I haven't heard any complaints that he doesn't work hard or isn't a competitor. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I believe that there Is a bias against him because he comes from wealth. So when he gives an opinion on some issues the impression some people have is that there is an attitude of entitlement and arrogance.  Rosen is a smart guy. He is also a forthright guy who  answers questions thoughtfully and honestly. Some people consider him outspoken but I don't. He just doesn't respond like a jock who gives cliché and robotic responses. Some of the old school people are wary about someone who is comfortable outside the confines of the football environment. 

I like Rosen a lot as a player. Most people do. But the reality is that in the parochial world of the football business some people are uncomfortable and feel threatened by someone who thinks about things beyond the field. There may be a few anonymous critics about his attitude but I haven't heard any complaints that he doesn't work hard or isn't a competitor. 

People also forget he's 21. I don't care how smart you are, at 21 you simply don't have the life experiences that act as informed filters and he's not afraid to voice his opinion. If that threatens some in the establishment, more power to him. I can see him using a successful football career as a platform to support his positions and, again, I say more power to him. 

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Are you talking about Josh Allen or Josh Rosen? Rosen I heard from my sources is a selfish spoiled rich kid just looking to get laid,

Your ignorance of the word bigoted is exceptional. 

Rosen sources? Lol.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

My concern is Rosen's frame/body.  It's not "heavy duty" sized or made for the NFL.

He looks like he could be injured every 4th time he hits the turf. 

the concussions and other injuries should be checked out and are a potential red flag regardless of the other stuff imo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Success said:

I’m all in on Bean right now.  If he thinks Rosen is the guy, then Rosen is the guy.

This is where I’ve ended up. I see pros and cons with every guy from the “cheap seats” in spectator-vile.   I don’t see a luck like slam dunk (which turned out to have issues of its own) but there is a Wilson, Carr, and Brady lurking out there just as sure as there was a Wentz, Goff, Cam and Ryan. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is where I’ve ended up. I see pros and cons with every guy from the “cheap seats” in spectator-vile.   I don’t see a luck like slam dunk (which turned out to have issues of its own) but there is a Wilson, Carr, and Brady lurking out there just as sure as there was a Wentz, Goff, Cam and Ryan. 

Exactly. None of these guys are Luck Caliber, but he has had his own issues as well...

this class is nothing like the Manuel, Geno, Glennon draft

there is some high end talent if you can put them in the right place