Who is the better bridge qb Tyrod or AJ McCarron?

Now that we have our "Bridge "QB, I got to thinking, did we trade Tyrod too soon?  I , for one, am glad that we signed AJ McCarron.  I am not a Tyrod hatter, but I can understand that McBeane wanted to move on from the Wrex experiment.  But  given the limited experience of McCarron and the fact that Tyrod did enough (with some luck) to get the bills to the playoffs, should we have kept TT as our Bridge?

I believe that Tyrod is a better player but McCarron, pick 65 and $6M (or whatever it is) in cap space is a superior situation. Once they trade up I think that they will be in much better shape at the position.

Beane has really set this team up nicely. They don’t have a ton of talent today but they have a lot of resources to add that talent. They have been responsible patient. It is an exciting time IMO.

• Like (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I loved Tyrod, but I'll take the draft pick and cap savings over the guy who blew the playoff game for us overthrowing open receivers.

I was a Tyrod fan.  He is an exciting player.  It did drive me crazy to see so many open receivers that he never saw or was unwilling to throw to.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I believe that Tyrod is a better player but McCarron, pick 65 and $6M (or whatever it is) in cap space is a superior situation. Once they trade up I think that they will be in much better shape at the position.

Beane has really set this team up nicely. They don’t have a ton of talent today but they have a lot of resources to add that talent. They have been responsible patient. It is an exciting time IMO.

I agree with Kirby. And I would add that AJM has an unknown ceiling, whereas with Tyrod I think his ceiling is pretty evident. I'll take the unknown guy, a pick and cap space as my bridge QB. And who knows, maybe AJM becomes a good player for us.

12 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Now that we have our "Bridge "QB, I got to thinking, did we trade Tyrod too soon?  I , for one, am glad that we signed AJ McCarron.  I am not a Tyrod hatter, but I can understand that McBeane wanted to move on from the Wrex experiment.  But  given the limited experience of McCarron and the fact that Tyrod did enough (with some luck) to get the bills to the playoffs, should we have kept TT as our Bridge?

If you think the answer is "Tyrod Taylor", then I have a bridge quarterback in Cleveland to sell you.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I was a Tyrod fan.  He is an exciting player.  It did drive me crazy to see so many open receivers that he never saw or was unwilling to throw to.

No, my problem was quite the opposite.  In the playoff game against the Jags he kept hugely overthrowing open receivers he DID see and WAS throwing to.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think McBeane did Tyrod right by trading him.  I think Cleveland intends on not playing their rookie QB this year and wants Tyrod to instill a winning culture on the field.  I think Bills will be playing their rookie QB sooner.  

McCarron will be the opening day starter.  Whoever they draft will have some time to develop and learn how to be a QB in the NFL.   

• Like (+1) 1