Dolphins Release C Mike Pouncey - Signed by the Chargers

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

He hasn't been playing well for a while now. No thanks.

That was my question;  if he's still playing at a high level.

If not, there seem to be a lot of good interior linemen in the draft.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially derogatory words toward him, including "Jap" and "Chinaman." At times, according to Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a "dirty communist" or a "North Korean," made demands such as "give me some water you f---g chink," spoke to him in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for "rubby rubby sucky sucky," and called his mother a "rub and tug masseuse." Martin and others informed us that Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant Trainer.

Sounds like middle school.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Not the same player he was, also a DBAG. Pass 

To be fair, the same thing could be said about Richie.    He's been great for us, but was even better earlier in his career.   And he's just as much a character issue as Pouncey.

What Pouncy is NOT is healthy.   Any guy that needs a hip replacement is not someone you sink a lot of money into...

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22775721/mike-pouncey-asks-miami-dolphins-release

Good:    "He's a three-time Pro Bowl selection, earning the honors in three consecutive seasons from 2013-15."

Bad:      "Last season, Pouncey played his first 16-game season since 2012. He was coming off back-to-back seasons of major hip surgery but didn't show any effects of the injuries in 2018."

Yikes!:    "It was reported in the previous year that Pouncey will eventually need hip replacement surgery, so the Dolphins probably thought it was better to move on sooner rather than later."

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/15/report-dolphins-have-granted-mike-pouncey-his-release-request/

OK now that scares me off.

no thanks this guy has been terrible and injured a lot the past few years. Better off with Groy

It would be nice to see him and RI back together, maybe call up Martin for a try out , after he gets outta jail

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I think Miller is going to have a really nice rebound year...in the power scheme he was quite good. PFF and others did some metrics / analytics, he was good. Last year's zone scheme was a not fit for him, but with Daboll I think he does well again. But, no doubt the Bills need to fill that turnstile at RT position!

I agree. He didn't get off to a good start with the new staff for whatever reason. You would think after his successful 2nd year he would be named starter entering mini camp, but he was in a battle from the start. 

I do believe he has talent to be a top OG in the NFL. Hopefully he has a good offseason and comes to camp ready to win the job. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you gents fill me in on the attitude issues?

He was part of the bullying issue.  He runs his mouth a lot.  Got in trouble with the lsw, literally shoving a cop, iirc. Maybe it was his brother. 

They both tore up Miami in free Hernandez garb. Really seemed to think he dindunuffin.

• Like (+1) 1