GoFundGugny: Donations needed until Memorial Day!!

One of our fellow board members (like him or not) has been researching smokers to the point where we are all sick of hearing about it. Whether he brings the topic up in a thread, the Shoutbox or at 518 lunches, the guy really, really wants a smoker but can't make up his mind and is unable to just order the damn thing.

I'd like all of us to seriously consider donating $5 to this worthy cause.

Why should you donate? I'll give you a few reasons:

1) You'll make a young man very happy

2) You won't have to hear about his search for a smoker anymore

3) You won't get questions about smokers or grills anymore when you are trying to talk about football or beer

4) He won't have to use his George Foreman grill (with soaked woodchip bag) anymore

Maybe I can hold the funds (or someone you all trust more than me). Hoping to raise $300 by Memorial Day.

Won't you donate...TODAY?

Oklahoma Joe's Highland 879-sq in Black Charcoal Horizontal Smoker

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

What is the minimum amount that can be donated?  Based off of his posting history I think that this model is more appropriate.

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/commercial-competition-series/lil-pig/BBQPIG.01.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImsCtnr3u2QIV0AOGCh2pgQsmEAQYASABEgLl3fD_BwE

That one looks a little expensive...but I see one feature he would like: 

• Digital Pro Controller with Dual Meat Probes
  • Haha (+1) 1

Haha, it took me more than a few seconds to realize you were not talking about Gug doing a research study for some academic institution and looking for "smokers". 

1) My reading comprehension is obviously on the wane

2) my common sense is gone..what academic institution would ever thing Gug is smart enough to do research?:doh:

BTW, build on these Green Eggs knockoffs for less than $100!

Edited by plenzmd1

6 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Gugny this summer with his new smoker:

barbeku-canavari_d620.jpg

Bill's didn't need to sign that DT from Carolina to take up space and plug the run. Probably could have got this guy for a lot cheaper! 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I won't donate $5 for a smoker.  

I'll donate $10 to make him go away, though.

That’s the spirit!!

Update: A great member of our board pledged $20. I am also pledging $20 to get our beloved Gugny a smoker. Anyone else want to go on record to support this worthy cause (keep in mind - we’ll never have to field his questions or comments about getting a smoker “someday”). What’s that worth? Give today!!!!