Additions you like to see from here on out?

The Bills have made some changes and other players have left the market. That should impact some of our offseason wishes. I thought it would be a good time to update our ideal offseason from this point forward. Here is mine:

Re-sign: Preston Brown, Leonard Johnson, Deonte Thompson 

Sign: Justin Pugh

Trade: 6th rounder for Travis Benjamin (for @thebandit27)

Draft: Trade 12, 22, 56 and a 2019 4th for 3

Draft 3: Josh Rosen

Draft 53: Harrison Phillips

Draft 65: Dante Pettis

Draft 96: Darius Leonard

Draft 121: Tyrell Crosby

Draft 166: Tegray Scales

Something like this would work for me. Thoughts??

• Like (+1) 3

I can't really give specific names, but here is what I'd love to see in no particular order. 

* Draft a QB if there is one that makes sense 

* Get some LB help especially in the middle

* At least one more solid interior offensive lineman, if not two

* A stretch WR to help open things up for Benjamin and Jones

Lessar things that I would mind

* Younger RB with some potential to be a 3rd down back. I'm not sure how much longer Shady / Ivory can hold down the fort.

* A decent nickel CB

Edited by rodneykm

could re-sign Matthews if the price is right

A RT 

Maybe re-sign Preston Brown but I am not in love with him in this defense. Not re-signing him though makes drafting a starting LB a priority, which I don't love the idea of

A speed WR

C/G combo either in draft or FA

Edited by PaattMaann

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills have made some changes and other players have left the market. That should impact some of our offseason wishes. I thought it would be a good time to update our ideal offseason from this point forward. Here is mine:

I'm down for it, but I think Phillips, Leonard, and Crosby are going to go higher than that.

It may end up something closer to:

Draft 3: Rosen

Draft 53: Leonard

Draft 65: Derrick Nnadi

Draft 96: Brian O'Neill

Draft 121: Roc Thomas

1.) Josh Allen, QB to Cleveland

2.) Saquan Barkley, RB, NYG

3.) Bradley Chubb, DE, Indianapolis

4.) TRADE:

Bills give Cleveland #12, #53 and a 2019 2nd round pick.

Buffalo receives: #4 overall and a 2019 3rd

Buffalo selects QB Josh Rosen

#4.) Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

#22.) Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

#56.) Connor Williams, OT, Texas

#65.) Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame

#96.) Harrison Philips, DT, Stanford

#121.) Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa

#166.) Bradley Bozeman, C, Alabama

#187.) Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Before the draft, I hope they can re-sign Gaines and Brown at reasonable values. I think they will bring Johnson back, but they need another quality CB who can start on the outside. I’d be happy with Mathews on a cheap one year deal too, even though it doesn’t solve the #wr issue. 

Suh

That would set us up to have a very talented and deep front line.  I would be ok with dumpster diving / later draft picks on linebackers.  I'd like to see Eifert / Brice Butler, but otherwise the pass catchers are rather uninspiring.  If we are spending <$10 mil on our QB depth chart between Rookie / McCarron / Peterman, I want to put the money on the lines, Suh being the only real difference maker out there.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't speak to the draft at all after the trade for the QB, just do not know enough about the players.

Having said that, it sure appears to me maybe Gains can be had for a 1 year prove it deal? If there was big interest and no worries bout his "vailability" , he would have signed by now no? (unless i missed it)

Sign with the Bills for a year where you had great success, finish 80% of the games, and sign your big deal next year(also when Bills have mucho cap space)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Suh

That would set us up to have a very talented and deep front line.  I would be ok with dumpster diving / later draft picks on linebackers.  I'd like to see Eifert / Brice Butler, but otherwise the pass catchers are rather uninspiring.  If we are spending <$10 mil on our QB depth chart between Rookie / McCarron / Peterman, I want to put the money on the lines, Suh being the only real difference maker out there.

Man, I'd love to have him but that character issue might be what would keep us from even considering. Him and Star with Kyle rotating in to keep him fresh for the season would be very nice. 

Edited by rodneykm

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would take this for sure.   All of those guys have the potential to be full time starters.

Like Bandit I don't think Crosby would be there though.   Value in round 5 may be LB again.   Then maybe a slot CB like Avonte Maddox, who they seem to have interest in, in round 6.

Pettis is a very interesting prospect..........I think mock drafters push him down their boards some because of Austin Pettis being a nut job..........but while they share the same last name they are only cousins.    Not sure the NFL is as down on the Pettis name.  

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would take this for sure.   All of those guys have the potential to be full time starters.

Like Bandit I don't think Crosby would be there though.   Value in round 5 may be LB again.   Then maybe a slot CB like Avonte Maddox, who they seem to have interest in, in round 6.

Pettis is a very interesting prospect..........I think mock drafters push him down their boards some because of Austin Pettis being a nut job..........but while they share the same last name they are only cousins.    Not sure the NFL is as down on the Pettis name.  

Maddox is a guy on the radar. They liked him and he looked good at the Shrine Game. I’d be fine with that. 

Crosby may go higher for sure. I’d think Jamarco Jones could be an option there if they wait. 

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Love your mock!

Do not want to see Preston Brown again.