Additions you like to see from here on out?

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I love all of that. Except Preston Brown and Deonte Thompson. The only players worth re-signing are Kyle Williams (done) and Leonard Johnson. Brown and Thompson are both JAG and should be factored into the Comp formula as losses.

comp formula doesnt matter, we already signed more than we could have to get a comp pick...even if all the rest of our FA's sign big deals elsewhere 

I know that I’ve said it before but I like Preston Brown more than most here. He isn’t a liability against the pass in our scheme. He will help the run defense with Star in front of him. He’s a leader of the team, McDermott likes him and he shouldn’t be too expensive. If you start Brown, Milano and Leonard along with Hughes, Kyle, Star and Murphy your front 7 is much improved.

Mine's not gonna' happen but ideally:

-Sign the cheaper, shorter commitment option of Preston Brown or Navorro Bowman

-Money Badger if he signs for less than Gaines money........what a weapon he would be.......I am a little concerned about wear and tear on Hyde.......I like him playing further off the LOS and TM could fill that in-box role.   You'd really never have to take him off the field.........he'd justify that pay IMO.

Trade both 1's and both 2's and get Sam Darnold.......or more likely, Josh Rosen.

65. trade to Dallas for David Irving

96. trade to Pittsburgh for Martavis Bryant and a 2016 6th rounder

121. Josey Jewell or Maurice Hurst(if he slides) or Leonard or Shaq Griffin

166. Foley Fatukasi or Avonte Maddox or Jack Cichy

Too many complicated personality players in mine but I like those players........would like to see at least two of the pro's I listed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills have made some changes and other players have left the market. That should impact some of our offseason wishes. I thought it would be a good time to update our ideal offseason from this point forward. Here is mine:

Re-sign: Preston Brown, Leonard Johnson, Deonte Thompson 

Sign: Justin Pugh

Trade: 6th rounder for Travis Benjamin (for @thebandit27)

Draft: Trade 12, 22, 56 and a 2019 4th for 3

Draft 3: Josh Rosen

Draft 53: Harrison Phillips

Draft 65: Dante Pettis

Draft 96: Darius Leonard

Draft 121: Tyrell Crosby

Draft 166: Tegray Scales

Something like this would work for me. Thoughts??

That would be an amazing draft!

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I’ve said it before but I like Preston Brown more than most here. He isn’t a liability against the pass in our scheme. He will help the run defense with Star in front of him. He’s a leader of the team, McDermott likes him and he shouldn’t be too expensive. If you start Brown, Milano and Leonard along with Hughes, Kyle, Star and Murphy your front 7 is much improved.

Don't know anything about Leonard.  I agree on Brown, but his game is "just" solid.  If we bring him back I'd ideally want the other LB spot to filled with someone with quickness/range/twitchiness who is more apt to make some explosive plays.  Does Leonard fit in that mold?

11 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

comp formula doesnt matter, we already signed more than we could have to get a comp pick...even if all the rest of our FA's sign big deals elsewhere 

Yeah I have said from the beginning that they weren't positioned to sign less than they lost this offseason.

It's a very old team with,  on paper, one of the least talented rosters in the NFL............they have A LOT of needs.

• Like (+1) 1

Re-sign: Leonard Johnson, Deonte Thompson 

Sign: Justin Pugh

Trade: 2019 3rd for Mychal Kendricks (think we will recover a 3rd from comp picks)

Draft: Trade 12, 22, 56 and a 2019 4th for 3

Draft 3: Josh Rosen

Draft 53: Darius Leonard

Draft 65: Brian O'Neill

Draft 96: Harrison Philips

Not sure about the back end of the draft yet. With regards to Brown, I think he'll want too much money and I just don't think the Bills will like the number he wants for what he brings for the MLB position.

1 hour ago, rodneykm said:

I can't really give specific names, but here is what I'd love to see in no particular order. 

* Draft a QB if there is one that makes sense 

* Get some LB help especially in the middle

* At least one more solid interior offensive lineman, if not two

* A stretch WR to help open things up for Benjamin and Jones

Lessar things that I would mind

* Younger RB with some potential to be a 3rd down back. I'm not sure how much longer Shady / Ivory can hold down the fort.

* A decent nickel CB

I like this a lot. I think they’re doing most of what they can for the defense via free agency, and they’ll go mostly offense in the draft. Bring young pieces around new franchise QB. But as stated, a MLB and some DB depth would be nice as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zac said:

Don't know anything about Leonard.  I agree on Brown, but his game is "just" solid.  If we bring him back I'd ideally want the other LB spot to filled with someone with quickness/range/twitchiness who is more apt to make some explosive plays.  Does Leonard fit in that mold?

That’s exactly how I’d describe him

• Like (+1) 1

i know it's early, but I'm concerned about the offensive line.  With the play of the right guard and tackle last year, it is clear that needs to be addressed, especially given the lack of experience the new quarterback (whoever starts) is going to have.  We have also lost Wood, and although Groy can likely handle the job, there is a dearth of depth.  I can only presume that they would be looking to sign a FA guard or swing tackle and hope that they use an early pick on a lineman.  

McD is a defensive guy and usually defensive guys fix their side of the ball first.  I do trust the process.

We need an upgrade over O'Leary. He had a dismal season. Any help we can get at LB would be great. I don't know if we can get any help at C or RG, but that would be nice too.  Also, DiMarco had a very disappointing season as well. A good FB could be headed our way. I also wouldn't be surprised if we used our lasr pick on a punter. Schmidt has been a liability of late. The return game could use a boost as well. Tate  is not the worst, but I can't imagine that it would be all that hard to find a WR that would have a better chance of taking one back once in a while.OT is an obious need too.

Edited by GreggTX

I would like to resign Preston Brown, he can play slb or mlb gives them flexibility heading in to the draft

Has E.j gains price dropped enough to bring him back ?  I hope so

Love the Idea of Brandon Coleman as the 4th wide out.  Him and Benjamin in the red zone would be nice

I need to see the medicals on jake mewhort he would be a nice addition 

Joe Bostic at the right price 

and Jay bromley if the price is right 

I think they are going to have to get their speed receiver in the draft.   

Basically a few low cost guys and our two former players 

17 minutes ago, davspo said:

i know it's early, but I'm concerned about the offensive line.  With the play of the right guard and tackle last year, it is clear that needs to be addressed, especially given the lack of experience the new quarterback (whoever starts) is going to have.  We have also lost Wood, and although Groy can likely handle the job, there is a dearth of depth.  I can only presume that they would be looking to sign a FA guard or swing tackle and hope that they use an early pick on a lineman.  

McD is a defensive guy and usually defensive guys fix their side of the ball first.  I do trust the process.

I don't know why so many here are talking like Groy is a solid sterter. He's a backup caliber C. I hope Billy Price slips to the 3rd and we can grab him. Let Groy play until Price is ready. I'd love to see that happen.

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I would like to resign Preston Brown, he can play slb or mlb gives them flexibility heading in to the draft

Has E.j gains price dropped enough to bring him back ?  I hope so

Love the Idea of Brandon Coleman as the 4th wide out.  Him and Benjamin in the red zone would be nice

I need to see the medicals on jake mewhort he would be a nice addition 

Joe Bostic at the right price 

and Jay bromley if the price is right 

I think they are going to have to get their speed receiver in the draft.   

Basically a few low cost guys and our two former players 

I don't agree about P Brown. A much better MLB would do wonders for our run defense. Tackles are a misleading stat. Brown is a below average MLB.

Edited by GreggTX

I'll go the unpopular route and say no QB in Round 1 and just roll with McCarron.

Re-Sign: EJ Gaines and Deonte Thompson

Sign: Justin Pugh and Terrelle Pryor

Draft:

12. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virgina Tech

22. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia/Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise St.

53.Connor Williams, OT, Texas

56. Harrison Phillips, DL, Stanford

65. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame

96. Josh Adams, RB, Notre Dame

Notes: I like Sony Michell in Round 2 if either of the guys I listed are gone. If he is selected then Josh Adams could be replaced with the best lineman available.

Edited by iccrewman112
Spelling

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mine's not gonna' happen but ideally:

-Sign the cheaper, shorter commitment option of Preston Brown or Navorro Bowman

-Money Badger if he signs for less than Gaines money........what a weapon he would be.......I am a little concerned about wear and tear on Hyde.......I like him playing further off the LOS and TM could fill that in-box role.   You'd really never have to take him off the field.........he'd justify that pay IMO.

Trade both 1's and both 2's and get Sam Darnold.......or more likely, Josh Rosen.

65. trade to Dallas for David Irving

96. trade to Pittsburgh for Martavis Bryant and a 2016 6th rounder

121. Josey Jewell or Maurice Hurst(if he slides) or Leonard or Shaq Griffin

166. Foley Fatukasi or Avonte Maddox or Jack Cichy

Too many complicated personality players in mine but I like those players........would like to see at least two of the pro's I listed.

Darnold is a lock to go to the Browns at #1, unfortunately ...

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

Pugh would be a nice upgrade, but I don't know the cost.  I'd move him back inside to Guard.

Most sites say around 6 per year.  Agree about moving him back to Guard.

Jensen at Center is something I would like but would cost more, 8 or so.

Not totally sold on Groy as a starting Center.

FWIW