There's so much talent left!

I agree...Tahir Whitehead, Marshall Newhouse for RT, Brandon Coleman / Brice Butler / Terrelle Pryor for WR, and Jensen for Center....just to name a few

Edit: Some more interesting guys: our own Preston Brown (for depth, not starting) and EJ Gaines

DT: Bromley from Giants, Floyd of the Vikes

G: J. Cooper or DJ Fluker

DE: Okafor or Lynch

ILB: Bowman, maybe? but I think McD wants his starting MLB from the Draft

CB: Jeremy Lane or as others have said elsewhere Desir

Edited by BigBuff423

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really would look into Jensen as a center. For linebacker talk to Whitehead otherwise wait for guys to be released. WR, wait for guys to get released. 

We would fill a need fairly cheap.  I agree completely with Jenson

4 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

I'd like to get Matthews back.  He was injured last year and we still need help at WR.

I agree I think he is a talented possession receiver. Hopefully we can resign him.  Either way we need WR help

16 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I agree...Tahir Whitehead, Marshall Newhouse for RT, Brandon Coleman / Brice Butler / Terrelle Pryor for WR, and Jensen for Center....just to name a few

Edit: Some more interesting guys: our own Preston Brown (for depth, not starting) and EJ Gaines

Our own guys are still available, and sometimes I think as Bills fans we are unintentionally homers and overvalue the worth of these guys.  EJ Gaines for instance before FA started was supposed to go quick to the Bucs.  They ended up just resigning Brent Grimes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

I think we need speed at wr not another possession  guy

I'm not sure there's too much quity in terms of speed guys.  Maybe Maclin?

Pryor would be a great addition.  Maybe just resign Matthews.  

I’m shocked that Gaines hasn’t signed anywhere yet. I think Matthews would like to forget his year in Buffalo ever happened, don’t see him coming back. Would love okafor and bowman at the right price, both have lost a step or two and I’m sure are asking too much 

Gaines really wants to get paid but I think a lot of teams are scared of the injuries, not so much affecting his play but his overall time on the field. Was listening to NFL radio on XM and they said a team had high interest but he priced himself out of contention quickly. 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I think we need speed at wr not another possession  guy

That's what's needed, in the form of a true #1 WR. Not just a speed guy running go routes. Matthews would be a redundancy on this team and doesn't make a lot of sense to bring back. 

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

I decided to go and check the left overs from the initial wave of free agency this morning.  I was shocked to see how many solid players were left!!

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=rankings

Anyone that interests you specifically??

What about a veteran linebacker like Derrick Johnson?

It’s interesting because other than QB’s the league seems to get the idea that big FA signings are not the simple path to productivity and wins.  

Hope to see a WR signing.  Somebody, anybody, who can separate.

I'm also genuinely confused by the actual start/dedicated timeframe for free agency at this point.  Seems like a total free for all this year, which I have no issue with since it seemed to benefit the Bills.

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Hope to see a WR signing.  Somebody, anybody, who can separate.

I'm also genuinely confused by the actual start/dedicated timeframe for free agency at this point.  Seems like a total free for all this year, which I have no issue with since it seemed to benefit the Bills.

FA has really shifted and quickly.  It wasn't that long ago guys would be visiting with players on midnight of FA and FAs (especially big time ones) always did visits, usually waiting a few days into the start of FA to make their choice and teams wanting to talk in person with them to make sure it's a good fit.  Now it's just a huge cash flush, with agents doing the legwork before FA even starts and teams needing to commit monetarily before they can even have the guy in the building.

We absolutely must add starters at the following positions (in order): LB, QB, RT, WR, DT

LB- We could really use 2 LBs- I think we probably draft one & also sign a FA. I'm hoping for Roquan/Vander Esch/Evans at #22.

QB- Even if the plan is to not trade-up & start McCarron- we still draft QB somewhere in Rd 1.

OL- Need an upgrade at RT & RG. Will be hard to draft one that can start this year if we trade 3+ picks to move up for a QB. Late 1st thru 2nd round has a ton of solid OL prospects. Maybe we can snag Billy Price late in the 3rd & hope he can play this year. I hope we sign an OL before the draft.

WR- Any drafted WR won't be much help in year 1. Probably a low-cost FA vet on a 1-2 year deal. 

DT- Need to draft a DT that can contribute this year, & start in 2019.

DE- I don't see us pursuing any more DEs. Hughes, Murphy, Shaq, Yarborough, Lorax, & Ola gives us 6.

45 minutes ago, 947 said:

We absolutely must add starters at the following positions (in order): LB, QB, RT, WR, DT

LB- We could really use 2 LBs- I think we probably draft one & also sign a FA. I'm hoping for Roquan/Vander Esch/Evans at #22.

QB- Even if the plan is to not trade-up & start McCarron- we still draft QB somewhere in Rd 1.

OL- Need an upgrade at RT & RG. Will be hard to draft one that can start this year if we trade 3+ picks to move up for a QB. Late 1st thru 2nd round has a ton of solid OL prospects. Maybe we can snag Billy Price late in the 3rd & hope he can play this year. I hope we sign an OL before the draft.

WR- Any drafted WR won't be much help in year 1. Probably a low-cost FA vet on a 1-2 year deal. 

DT- Need to draft a DT that can contribute this year, & start in 2019.

DE- I don't see us pursuing any more DEs. Hughes, Murphy, Shaq, Yarborough, Lorax, & Ola gives us 6.

I’m not really concerned with LB. Their value simply isn’t what it once was. The position has morffed into trimmer, faster players than the once fearful smackers (Milano). To me, it seems today’s LB was yesterday’s SS. There are very few -if any- 3 Down LBs anymore. 

As for OL, I’m sure that’s on the want list, but the current players are good enough to be in the League. It’s all about designing block schemes to the skills and talents of the players, something Dennison wouldn’t do until forced to.

WR, if we can retain Matthews, then we just need a speedster. Matthews & Benjamin are quality wideouts whose injuries hampered their play (not to mention Tyrod..)

Completely agree we need a stud DT and I’m personally convinced we’ll be packaging picks to move way up for a QB.

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I would like to keep Gaines for the right price.  

Preston Brown can leave and he will not stay for back up money.  He clearly wants to cash in and his idiotic talk about joining the Pats* turned me off.  Worse than that, he did nothing but jump up and down and whine like a baby when Gronk pummeled our rookie CB.  The type of MLB that I want would have had a totally different response.  

I would like like to see the Bills address OL, especially RT, with a quality free agent.  Losing Henderson hurts, he was a good swing tackle when healthy.  Our OL depth is poor and we will likely be drafting a C/OG in the first 3 rounds.  

• Thank you (+1) 1