Josh Rosen Pro Day 3/15

32 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

It comes off a less genuine... it’s not that big of a deal to me...

not just a “thanks”..,

But “Thanks Mike, that’s  a big compliment considering some of the QBs who have played the game in the last decade, I appreciate it”... or is that to Eli?

Thanks for the response. My reaction is that If Rosen gave that response he would in fact be less genuine. That’s just not who he is imo. 

16 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Guys who are a little different....

OBJ, TO, Cam Newton etc I could name a dozen more who just are misunderstood by people, teammates etc and it just isn’t worth it... Ive never been a fan, sorry. Call me Awkward

I don't see any similarities to those guys and Rosen.  McDermott is a William and Mary grad and a bright guy so I'm sure he can handle Rosen.  I don't think Rosen is a bad guy.  Needed to grow up a little but seems like he has.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I kind of liked his “aw shucks” comment. I mean does every guy have to be a boring talking head? I like his personality from what I’ve seen but thats probably just me. 

Mayock complimented him on his natural throwing. What is he supposed to say? Thanks? They would say he’s so boring like Eli. He could say “Yeah I know i have the best arm.” Then people would say hes a cocky no good rich kid. He’s a 20 year old kid who gave Mayock and quirky answer. I liked it. 

I think he realizes that people who have decided he’s some liberal rich kid are going to critcize him no matter what he does. I respect him for deciding to be himself rather than pretend to be something he is not. 

The one thing I can say is in his combine interview, he struck me as the sort of guy who never says one word when 25 will do.

Conciseness can be a virtue.  But that is something that can be taught, and learned.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The one thing I can say is in his combine interview, he struck me as the sort of guy who never says one word when 25 will do.

Conciseness can be a virtue.  But that is something that can be taught, and learned.

Maybe he wanted to take most of the time with long answers so that he wouldnt have to answer as many questions ;)

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Funny how you choose to gloss over all of the negative stuff the media was throwing around about Mayfield. Didn’t have a problem with him doing his best Michael Jackson impression (crotch grab) on national tv. But you really have a problem with Rosen saying “ahh shucks”? 

Agree to disagree I guess. I love the cut of that kids jib. 

Thought this was a Rosen thread... I said people think, media says, and other outlets say he may have some awkwardness to him... just saying in the “Rosen Pro Day thread” awkwardness may be a bigger deal then folks want to believe. Sorry, I thought the Ah schucks comment was a little awkward being his response to a great compliment by Mayock after his pro day. David Carr is the one who called it awkward, I just agree because I felt the same way before he even commented on Rosen’s response.

We can find a Mayfield pro day thread and I’ll mention my dislikes about him there. 

I like Rosen, I really do. But the awkwardness may be tough. I’m saying that, analysts are saying that, media a so forth. Not a big deal

I couldn't care less about his awkwardness. David Carr calling him out. Don't care for David Carr. It would have been a bigger deal if he looked awkward throwing the football. There is someone here who put Rosen in the same sentence with Ryan Leaf out of nowhere. Now that's bizarre.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I couldn't care less about his awkwardness. David Carr calling him out. Don't care for David Carr. It would have been a bigger deal if he looked awkward throwing the football. There is someone here who put Rosen in the same sentence with Ryan Leaf out of nowhere. Now that's bizarre.

One thing I must say is, Everything you hear about Rosen being awkward is away from the game for the most part.... have they not interviewed Conor McDermott, his starting LT from the 2016 season? I’d like to hear what he has to say about all this...

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe he wanted to take most of the time with long answers so that he wouldnt have to answer as many questions ;)

It didn't come off as deliberate or purposeful to me.  He talked the same way at his post-pro day workout and in the combine interview.

It came off as that's just the way he talks, as though he's brainstorming for a 5 page essay and pouring out every concept that comes to his mind, almost free association.

I don't really care - as long as he can be concise in calling a football play, or explaining it to a confused teammate.   

But for interviews in the NFL, he 100% needs Crash Davis to help him work on his cliche's.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think any team should have to put up with a guy who is awkward.

I wouldn't sleep at night knowing they didn't adore his personality and quirky sense of humor.

And I am deeply worried about his reported intelligence. Having an intelligent man on a football team presents a very big problem if your coaches and players are deeply stupid morons.

I am going to go on record and say I don't care how well he throws or plays the game.  

I think we should go on losing, and losing, and losing, and losing and losing, and losing, and losing and losing, and losing like the stupid losing losers that we are.  We have a tradition to uphold and our guys shouldn't be forced to be around a smart awkward guy.

I think they should march into smart awkward Terrence Pegula's office and tell him they will not stand for having a smart awkward player on the team because they can barely stand being around him and two of them is too much to ask. And that he should keep his smart rich children away from the team as well because everyone hates well educated smart rich kids.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billspro said:

I am completely fine with his personality. He actually reminds me of Eli Manning a bit. As long as he plays well on the football field his teammates will rally around him.

This.  Is he any less awkward or silver-spooned than Eli?  Same guy.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I think we sent Dunkirk Don.

He and his source, the proverbial "we", are walking through western NY with shovels right now looking to break ground. 

Edited by H2o

8 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Thought this was a Rosen thread... I said people think, media says, and other outlets say he may have some awkwardness to him... just saying in the “Rosen Pro Day thread” awkwardness may be a bigger deal then folks want to believe. Sorry, I thought the Ah schucks comment was a little awkward being his response to a great compliment by Mayock after his pro day. David Carr is the one who called it awkward, I just agree because I felt the same way before he even commented on Rosen’s response.

We can find a Mayfield pro day thread and I’ll mention my dislikes about him there. 

I like Rosen, I really do. But the awkwardness may be tough. I’m saying that, analysts are saying that, media a so forth. Not a big deal

Fun diatribe but... if you just look up a few posts you’ll notice you brought up Mayfield first and were the first to make a comparison. 

You said he would have answered the question like a mature adult. You know, because he has such a long history to go off of in that respect. 

And since you were the first to make the comparison. If any qb in this draft reminds me of TO and the like its Mayfiled. 

Crotch grab, 50 yard line flag stomp. But you know, Rosen said “shucks”. 

9 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

One thing I must say is, Everything you hear about Rosen being awkward is away from the game for the most part.... have they not interviewed Conor McDermott, his starting LT from the 2016 season? I’d like to hear what he has to say about all this...

From all indications Conor McDermott loves him. That's an advocate for Rosen who is already inside our building and played with him for two years. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/josh-rosen-conor-mcdermott-ucla/

https://media.theplayerstribune.com/uploads/20150905_zan_o44_001.jpg

Here's a quote from twitter:

OT Conor McDermott on Josh Rosen: "He's super smart.. He's a great man, a tremendous leader & one of my best friends."

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/754012981793476608

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Fun diatribe but... if you just look up a few posts you’ll notice you brought up Mayfield first and were the first to make a comparison. 

You said he would have answered the question like a mature adult. You know, because he has such a long history to go off of in that respect. 

And since you were the first to make the comparison. If any qb in this draft reminds me of TO and the like its Mayfiled. 

Crotch grab, 50 yard line flag stomp. But you know, Rosen said “shucks”. 

He said “aww shucks.”

Got it?

Also, I’m one of those people like likes to be myself. So when others are themselves I feel like we started off on the right foot. So when Rosen was being himself yesterday I said “hey man, this guy is being himself and I like people who be themselves so I think I like this guy because he was being himself.”

Edited by Jay_Fixit

27 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He said “aww shucks.”

Got it?

Also, I’m one of those people like likes to be myself. So when others are themselves I feel like we started off on the right foot. So when Rosen was being himself yesterday I said “hey man, this guy is being himself and I like people who be themselves so I think I like this guy because he was being himself.”

Don’t you say “got it?” to me, pal! 

I stormed the beach of normandy when you were just a glimmer in your grandmothers hope chest! 

Back then when id see an awkward person I’d think, that guy would not make a good football player. In fact sometimes I’d even tell that person directly to their face. 

“Listen here oddball Jones, if I were picking teams for the good ol’ American football league you wouldn’t even get a sniff from me.” I’d say. 

But now, I think I’m ready to allow it. Rosen just better know that he’s skatin’ on thin ice with us normals. 

• Haha (+1) 1