Josh Rosen Pro Day 3/15

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Rosen is my number one prospect. Mayfield is second. Third is Lamar Jackson. Josh Rosen had a great Pro Day. It's a beautiful day in California, but windy. He chose to throw in windy conditions anyway. He's a great kid. He is our guy. He's a Buffalo Bills' gamer.

Great footwork and throwing mechanics. Can make all the throws. Has a great pocket presence. Fearless. He was a Five Star recruit, too.

5 star recruit stuff is getting a little silly, Ryan Leaf was also a 5 star recruit. 

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

...I automatically think Baby Boomer. 

As a card-carrying member of that most-selfish generation, it always makes me chuckle when Boomers accuse anyone of being "entitled"...

Maybe its just a people thing, not a generation thing?

I try my best not to do this, but, I'm all aboard the Rosen express.  I like other players at the position, Darnold, Mayfield, Falk, but Rosen I feel like would be perfect for the Bills.  He's ready.  He's got everything you want in a QB.  I'm ready to deal 12, 22 and next year's 1st to the Giants or Colts.  Full Court Press.

• Like (+1) 3

Love his play on the field but his demeanor just turns me off....

Even David Carr called him out for his awkward laugh and statements on NFL network. Just said he’s a different kind of guy....

Its tough to get 100% on board with that.

Saw Rudolph had a great day.

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

...I automatically think Baby Boomer. 

As a card-carrying member of that most-selfish generation, it always makes me chuckle when Boomers accuse anyone of being "entitled"...

I am entitled to my entitlements ;)

11 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Love his play on the field but his demeanor just turns me off....

Even David Carr called him out for his awkward laugh and statements on NFL network. Just said he’s a different kind of guy....

Its tough to get 100% on board with that.

Saw Rudolph had a great day.

I kind of liked his “aw shucks” comment. I mean does every guy have to be a boring talking head? I like his personality from what I’ve seen but thats probably just me. 

Mayock complimented him on his natural throwing. What is he supposed to say? Thanks? They would say he’s so boring like Eli. He could say “Yeah I know i have the best arm.” Then people would say hes a cocky no good rich kid. He’s a 20 year old kid who gave Mayock and quirky answer. I liked it. 

I think he realizes that people who have decided he’s some liberal rich kid are going to critcize him no matter what he does. I respect him for deciding to be himself rather than pretend to be something he is not. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I kind of liked his “aw shucks” comment. I mean does every guy have to be a boring talking head? I like his personality from what I’ve seen but thats probably just me. 

Mayock complimented him on his natural throwing. What is he supposed to say? Thanks? They would say he’s so boring like Eli. He could say “Yeah I know i have the best arm.” Then people would say hes a cocky no good rich kid. He’s a 20 year old kid who gave Mayock and quirky answer. I liked it. 

I think he realizes that people who have decided he’s some liberal rich kid are going to critcize him no matter what he does. I respect him for deciding to be himself rather than pretend to be something he is not. 

I'm right there with ya bud. I actually like his demeanor and personality. From all the interviews I've watched of him, I don't see any reason for a team to be turned off from him. Maybe ppl think he comes off cocky at times, but I hear nothing but confidence. And at the quarterback position, if u don't have confidence, you mind as well start planning for the near future.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It comes off a less genuine... it’s not that big of a deal to me... just not a fan of awkward people that much in the game of football.

I don’t hate him or dislike him, it’s just it may be different for some to pick up what he’s putting down... 

But I also know OBD is doing their homework and I love what they’re doing. So if they think he’s the guy? I’m all in.

i personally would have liked him to humble himself there...

not just a “thanks”..,

But “Thanks Mike, that’s  a big compliment considering some of the QBs who have played the game in the last decade, I appreciate it”... or is that to Eli?

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You seem like you’d enjoy the new Annie.

You strike me as the type that could benefit from a good ol’ public shame spanking. 

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

It comes off a less genuine... it’s not that big of a deal to me... just not a fan of awkward people that much in the game of football.

I don’t hate him or dislike him, it’s just it may be different for some to pick up what he’s putting down... 

This had to be one of the most specifically odd things to care about. 

just not a fan of awkward people that much in the game of football”

the fact that that’s something you’ve even decided to have a strong opinion about one way or the other strikes me as awkward. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

Height, weight, football IQ, arm strength, offensive system are all comparable to Lamar Jackson. He bests Jackson on mechanics, but Jackson bests him on athleticism. If I'm the Bills, I'm staying at 12, getting Lamar and building the rest of my roster with remaining draft picks.

?

8 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

not just a “thanks”..,

But “Thanks Mike, that a big compliment considering some of the QBs who have played the game the last decade, appreciate it”... or is that to Eli?

I actually feel the exact opposite. I think these canned responses that no 20 something year old kid would say in real life sounds disingenuous. 

Like they’re being coached on what to say. That’s the opposite of genuine.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You strike me as the type that could benefit from a good ol’ public shame spanking. 

This had to be one of the most specifically odd things to care about. 

just not a fan of awkward people that much in the game of football”

the fact that that’s something you’ve even decided to have a strong opinion about one way or the other strikes me as awkward. 

Guys who are a little different....

OBJ, TO, Cam Newton etc I could name a dozen more who just are misunderstood by people, teammates etc and it just isn’t worth it... Ive never been a fan, sorry. Call me Awkward

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I actually feel the exact opposite. I think these canned responses that no 20 something year old kid would say in real life sounds disingenuous. 

Like they’re being coached on what to say. That’s the opposite of genuine.

How is that canned??? That’s a huge compliment and he’s says Ah Shucks. It’s whatever, as immature as people say Mayfield is, he would have responded like a humble human and maturity.

Hey Josh, I’m your biggest fan, see I got your jeresey. He responds “ah shucks” 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Guys who are a little different....

OBJ, TO, Cam Newton etc I could name a dozen more who just are misunderstood by people, teammates etc and it just isn’t worth it... Ive never been a fan, sorry. Call me Awkward

Oh wow... so you’re not a fan of people being themselves? 

Youd just prefer everyone acted every day of their life to fit some mold that fits your ideals? Yikes. I really didn’t think people actually thought like this. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Oh wow... so you’re not a fan of people being themselves? 

Youd just prefer every acted every day of their life to fit some mold that fits your ideals? Yikes. I really didn’t think people actually thought like this. 

Being themselves has got them in s lot of trouble....

Not saying Rosen is gonna be a trouble but from what the media put out there, he may be misunderstood 

5 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Being themselves has got them in s lot of trouble....

Not saying Rosen is gonna be a trouble but from what the media put out there, he may be misunderstood 

Funny how you choose to gloss over all of the negative stuff the media was throwing around about Mayfield. Didn’t have a problem with him doing his best Michael Jackson impression (crotch grab) on national tv. But you really have a problem with Rosen saying “ahh shucks”? 

Agree to disagree I guess. I love the cut of that kids jib. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks