Here is what is going to happen in the draft

14 minutes ago, stony said:

I've said this from day 1, too.  Wouldn't be surprised if Haslem has made it known its mandatory at 1.  

I think after making the trade with Philadelphia and missing out on  Carson Wentz , ( I know it's Cleveland ) but to take a RB with the 1st overall pick and miss on QB again ( when you have the opportunity to have your pick of the litter )  ? 

• Like (+1) 1

I think a deal is already in place for #3. You don't wait until the last minute to sign AJ McCarron in free agency if you do not have a plan for the draft. Moving up to #12 kind of cements my pov. I really like Mason Rudolph, but as much as I like him, I'd be shocked if we don't have our sights set on Darnold or Rosen. I may even see Cleveland taking Allen at #1 and Buffalo trades up for #4 with Cleveland for Rosen or Darnold.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I think a deal is already in place for #3. You don't wait until the last minute to sign AJ McCarron in free agency if you do not have a plan for the draft. Moving up to #12 kind of cements my pov. I really like Mason Rudolph, but as much as I like him, I'd be shocked if we don't have our sights set on Darnold or Rosen. I may even see Cleveland taking Allen at #1 and Buffalo trades up for #4 with Cleveland for Rosen or Darnold.

How do we know what the Giants or Colts are thinking ? 

I think this is they way it will go ( assuming we're all in let's say on Rosen ) we will have to wait and see what Cleveland does with its 1st pick ( let's say they take Darnold ) then we move in on the Giants and what ever it takes to move up to #2 to get our QB , 

i don't think we can make a deal right now , I think the next time we move up ( if we move up ) it will be after the Browns make their first pick , 

personally I don't think there is any way the Browns take Barkely at 1 after signing Hyde theyd be nuts. I think they go Darnold and then NY takes Barkely. I think we trade to 3 and get Rosen and Browns either trade 4 or go Fitzpatrick or Chubb 

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Browns would be nuts to draft a RB after giving Hyde 3yrs/ 15m

I see them taking Darnold at 1

Giants go Barkley or Rosen at 2 if its the RB then the Colts trade happens if its QB the Colts stay put

Colts trade out of 3 with the Bills for 12,21 next years 2 and Hughes or they take Barkley if G men go Rosen

Bills now trade to 4 with the Browns for 12/21 their own 3rd back and our 2019 2nd

In conjunction with the signings of Trent Murphy and Owa Odighizuwa, I think Sal C said he had a source tell him that those signings have no bearing on Hughes or Lawson, they're both here to stay.

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

personally I don't think there is any way the Browns take Barkely at 1 after signing Hyde theyd be nuts. I think they go Darnold and then NY takes Barkely. I think we trade to 3 and get Rosen and Browns either trade 4 or go Fitzpatrick or Chubb 

Why are we assuming the Giants are not interested in a QB ?  Can Eli even play 2 more years ? I think Giants are in a perfect position to get their QB and have him sit and learn for a year or two , iMO that's about all Eli got left in his tank 

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

How do we know what the Giants or Colts are thinking ? 

I think this is they way it will go ( assuming we're all in let's say on Rosen ) we will have to wait and see what Cleveland does with its 1st pick ( let's say they take Darnold ) then we move in on the Giants and what ever it takes to move up to #2 to get our QB , 

i don't think we can make a deal right now , I think the next time we move up ( if we move up ) it will be after the Browns make their first pick , 

It will come down to the way the board falls IMO. I think Allen at #1 to Cleveland is best case scenario. Hopefully the Giants take Barkley and at that point it's a virtual lock that Rosen or Darnold is there at #4. Could probably package #12, #53 and a 2019 2nd for #4 and maybe a midround pick or a 3rd next year. We could select Rosen and still have #22, #56, #65, #96, #121, # #166, #187.

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Here is what I think is going to happen in the draft and what they Bills might do. 

PICK 1         The Browns take Barkley.  He is the best in the draft and will not keep. They get their QB later.

PICK 2         The Giants take Darhold They also need a QB and have a history of being lead by great QB's.  The Bills can't outbid the Giants for the Giants pick

PICK 3         The Colts will do one of three things. The first is to take Chubb as the best player and needed DE. The second is to take a trade up for the spot with somebody other than the Bills.  The third is to trade spots with the Bills. It would take both our first round picks and our last 3rd round picks.  This is the most likely trade we might make.   If they take Chubb, then the rest of this posting continues.

PICK 4      The Browns get their QB. either Allen or Rosen.

PICK 5       The Broncos are owned by a former QB.  But they just got Keenum. They will take a guard or LB and get a QB in the 2nd round.

PICK 6       The Jets need a better QB and will take Rosen, Allen or Mayfield.   Unless the Bills like the 3rd QB in the draft who is available here and do a trade up with an AFC foe.   To move from #12 to #6 will also cost a second round pick (#21, 53rd overall)  and some "change" of 30 points (swap 5th for 6th round pick).  This would give the Bills the 3rd QB in the draft.  It would give the Jets an extra draft pick.

PICK 7, 8, 9, 10                     Tampa Bay, Chicago Bears, San Fran, Oakland   may not be drafting a QB.  Any of them might do a trade down and let somebody else draft a QB ahead of the Bills.   Maybe some people shouldn't go outside today because of meteors and lightning strikes.

PICK 11    The Fish have a lot of needs.  They just got rid of Suh & Timmons, so a DT and LB are needed.  They need a tight end and cornerback. They just gave a 3 year $60 million contract to Tannenhill.  They might take a QB just to thumb the nose at the Bills, or more likely they will go later round for a development guy. They might take a trade up from somebody who is enambered in one of th top 4 QB's and want to beat the Bills there.  Maybe we could trade up with them (low 3rd or 4th) to swap places when were are blackmailed.    

PICK 12     The Bills may have traded up to PICK 3 or PICK 6 .  The Bills might take the 4th or 5th QB in this spot, if they stay here and are okay with the player.  The Bills might also trade down and pick any one of the 3-5  (what looks like) 2nd tier QB's in the second round and have two 1st round, two second round and two third round picks  (6 total) to get a offensive line and linebackers and wide receivers.

My handicapping:    30% trade up to PICK 3,,,,, 30% trade up to PICK 6 ,,,,15% trade up to PICK11,,,,,20% stay at PICK 12,,,,,,,5% trade down from PICK 12.

Go up get Rosen

Go up get Rosen

Go up get Rosen

1 hour ago, Zebrastripes said:

Why would the jets ever trade with us when they need a QB too?

The Jet QB room is veteran heavy, with both Bridgewater and McCown on fresh new big contracts --- this indicates the Jets may be taking the slower route to rebuilding their QB position. I could see them drafting a project type QB to sit on the bench for a few years.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Browns would be nuts to draft a RB after giving Hyde 3yrs/ 15m

I see them taking Darnold at 1

Giants go Barkley or Rosen at 2 if its the RB then the Colts trade happens if its QB the Colts stay put

Colts trade out of 3 with the Bills for 12,21 next years 2 and Hughes or they take Barkley if G men go Rosen

Bills now trade to 4 with the Browns for 12/21 their own 3rd back and our 2019 2nd

if the browns take darnold and the giants take rosen, i would offer 12, shaq lawson and next yrs' 2nd with indy for mayfield.

Edited by billsredneck1

Had dinner last night with my brother, brother-in-law, and nephew, all long time Bills fans. Everyone has concerns about both Darnold and Rosen. A number of highly touted QBs from USC and UCLA have been mediocre or busts. Last two with any success respectively were Palmer and Aikman. Southern California is a long way from Buffalo, in distance, weather, and lifestyle. Will they be happy in Buffalo? Does any of this factor into Bills staff decisions? Are their skill sets so significantly better that they override these factors? We all admitted that we had not watched a lot of their games. Help us out, make your case either for or against.