Browns are going QB with 1st pick

12 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Actually that is not great news. We lose a potential draft partner in the Giants. The Giants will take Barkley in a nano second.

That leaves us with the Colts.

The Browns will take Barkley 1st overall. I also believe the Browns will take Baker Mayfield at 4.

Just a hunch.

I see it differently.  If the Browns go QB at 1, I think their pick at 4 is in play.

I don’t see the Giants trading out of the 2 spot.  They either grab Barkley, or they snag the #1 QB on their board to slide in behind an aging Eli.  Then Gettleman will have his franchise QB for the next ten years.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's pretty clear the Browns choices are Darnold or Allen.  I'd have to believe it'll be Darnold, but you just never know.

I think we'll trade up with NYG to #2.

1) Cle - Darnold

2) Buf - Rosen (admittedly personal preference, could be Allen)

3) Indy - Barkley

4) Cle - Likely Fitzpatrick could be Chubb

5) Den - Mayfield or Allen or Rosen

6) NYJ - Mayfield or Allen or Rosen

7) TB - likely whoever between Chubb / Fitzpatrick

8) Here's where I could see the Giants coming back up from 12 to get Nelson (or Chubb / Fitzpatrick if Nelson is gone)

Basically the Giants can get #12 / #22 / #56 / #65 from us for #2, then use #12 / ~#66 to get one of the guys they are likely considering at 2 (if they aren't going QB) in the 7-9 range. 

1.) CLE. Darnold

2.)Giants  Rosen

3.) Indy  Chubb

4.) Buff. Mayfield

5.) Den. Allen

6.) Jets  ...wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't Lamar Jackson

Edited by billsredneck1

27 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Just saw this on CBS.  Do the Browns really like Allen?

1. Cleveland Browns

............... Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming: There is an argument the Browns could not take a quarterback after getting Tyrod Taylor, but getting Taylor makes it even easier to stand up at the top of the draft and take a quarterback who you don't need to play right away. Allen mimicks the Chiefs draft of Patrick Mahomes very nicely. 

2. New York Giants

...............Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame: Dave Gettleman is going to stay here and take a blue-chip player who can help the Giants right away. It will either be Nelson or Barkley, and after missing out on Andrew Norwell in free agency, he leans for the nasty Notre Dame guard. 

3. Buffalo Bills (via MOCK TRADE with Indianapolis Colts)

................Sam Darnold, QB, USC: A really well-played offseason by the Bills here, as a slew of trades and movements ultimately results in them being able to package a bunch of picks, move up and grab their quarterback of the future. Legions of draftniks shriek about Darnold's tiny little hands in the harsh Buffalo weather.

4. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans)

.................Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State: Tough choice here between Chubb and Barkley, but the Browns land the best player in the draft at No. 4 and suddenly they are cooking with GAS on their defensive line. 

5. Denver Broncos

................Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma: The Broncos signed Case Keenum in free agency and gave him a lot of money but that certainly doesn't prohibit them from drafting someone else at the top. John Elway's been all over Mayfield this offseason. 

6. New York Jets

...............Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: The Jets definitely can't be ruled out from taking a quarterback either, despite grabbing Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown in free agency. 

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

..................Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State: This feels crazy. Barkley's considered a potential top pick in this draft. But if the Colts trade down and the Giants don't take him, he could fall. The Buccaneers cut Doug Martin and might swoop on this. 

Based on everything we know thus far, this is the most realistic mock draft I've seen yet.  

16 minutes ago, Yav said:

I’m not sure who pics what but I do agree that the Bills have to get to #2 to get the QB they want. 

Yea, you can just say "Cle - QB / need to move up to 2 or 3 for Bills QB / Broncos QB / Jets QB"

But my point is largely, if the Colts or Giants aren't taking QB and they have Barkley / Nelson / Fitzpatrick / Chubb with similar grades while being OK with BPA, they likely could trade down with us for several picks, then give a little bit back to go back up to the 7/8 spot and get a similar level player they were looking at with 2/3.

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

1.) CLE. Darnold

2.)Giants  Rosen

3.) Indy  Chubb

4.) Buff. Mayfield

5.) Den. Allen

6.) Jets  ...wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't Lamar Jackson

I hate to burst your bubble, but I think Mayfield is 4th on our QB list (maybe even 5th with Jackson).

The argument that Cleveland will pass on Barkley at 1 I can understand with usual circumstances. The browns don't have a usual circumstance though (one 1st round pick) too boot they have 2 picks in the first 4 selections. The two teams that pick between the browns selections already have a franchise QB but they do not have talent like Barkley. This is why they can afford to grab Barkley at 1 and still have a solid chance at a QB at 4 barring any trades, they will still land a top QB prospect and one heck of an athlete in Barkley

I love Carlos Hyde but he has injury issues so it would open the window (door but smaller) to draft Barkley. Either way, Barkley will most likely go in the first 2 picks.  If Barkley goes 1st, then we may want to trade up to the 2nd pick to get our pick of QB but if Barkley goes second then we should try to trade up to get a QB.  I'm thinking we want either of the Joshs' (Rosen or Allen).

Most exciting offseason in a long time.

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

The original point of my post was that the Browns signing Hyde makes it less likely they go Barkley at 1.  They gave Hyde $15 million over three years.  That’s not “change of pace” RB money.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Browns have every intention of drafting Darnold at #1 with Tyrod as the bridge to him.  I can see either Barkley or Nelson to the NYG at #2.  The Colts have quite a few needs and the Bills can help them to make it a win-win for both teams.

• Like (+1) 2

I think it would be idiotic for the Browns to pass on Darnold - absolutely insane. Do what you need to in order to get the RB, after you've secured the QB. QBs play forever, RBs are done at 30. Naturally, the Browns being the Browns there's a 50% chance they do something stupid.

And if they do, there is nothing in the world you wouldn't give to the Giants to move up and get him. It's Darnold, or stay at 12. 

I don’t see the Giants taking Nelson if Barkley is there.  The Giants O-line is a mess and Nelson is the best guard in the draft, but I don’t know if you would use the #2 overall pick on a guard.

If you’re right and the Giants do take Nelson at 2, I think you can forget about the Colts trading out of the 3 spot.  They will snatch up Barkley in a hot second to pair with and take the heat off Luck.

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don’t see the Giants taking Nelson if Barkley is there.  The Giants O-line is a mess and Nelson is the best guard in the draft, but I don’t know if you would use the #2 overall pick on a guard.

If you’re right and the Giants do take Nelson at 2, I think you can forget about the Colts trading out of the 3 spot.  They will snatch up Barkley in a hot second to pair with and take the heat off Luck.

Any GM who uses the number 2 overall pick in this draft on an offensive guard should be fired on the spot—not the next day, not the next week.

And if I am a Browns fan, who watched my team pass on QB after QB, I would throw the remote through the screen if they take a RB first and don’t get a QB with Pick 4.  What the Browns should do is take their number 1 rated QB at 1, then trade 4 to Buffalo for 12, 22 and next year’s 1 or 2.