Lost in QB buzz... No help at WR or TE

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

you got a link for this?

I was pretty sure I saw it in my FB feed this morning, but the picture with it had him in a Chiefs uni which now leads me to believe it was a link to a story from last year.  Sorry all :(

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills had major issues with their WR corps last year yet there has been no wiff of activity to improve this group so far.  The actions suggest that the Bills are comfortable with what they have.  Perhaps a draft pick or two adds to the group but it is rare that a draftee contributes in a big way their first year.  With all of the buzz around QB somebody has to be available on the other end of the throw.

I guess the Bills didn't need any of the players acquired to date? Why didn't McBean see the Bills were only a TE and WR away from greatness? Still time...still time 

6 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So they went to the Jets/Browns... who have the most money to spend? Or they went to the teams that had money to spend AND a settled QB situation.

Not sure I'd call KC's QB situation "settled" with a second year QB who has yet to take a non garbage time snap.

Let's take Martavis Bryant off Pitt's hands.  

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Right now our WR corps looks like this ...

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Zay Jones

3.  ??? (Deonte Thompson FA) other FA or draft pick

4. Andre Holmes

5. Rod Streater

5. Brandon Reilly

5. Malachi Dupre

A better passer should improve this group.

Brandon Tate has experience with McCarron, correct?

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It is pretty widely believed that this team has at or near the bottom in terms of WR talent. 

For sure, it's not a great group. But the bigger problem is still QB. Why get a "T.O." when all we have on the QB roster is a "Fitz?"

A good QB will do just fine with Benjamin, Clay, Jones, and Shady. 

They'll pick up someone else in FA and the draft, but it's not the biggest concern, IMO.

Bigger concerns are definitely QB and OL.

If Zay Jones actually ends up being good at some point, we will be more then fine at WR. Benjamin is actually very good. A legit #1. If Zay ends up being what we expected him to be that’s 2 very solid WRs. I would like to see Thompson back and Holmes was okay. It’s bad but if Zay is good then it will be much better then a few of the recent Bills teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

We will all be surprised how effective Zay will be with a year under his belt and a healthy shoulder.  

I agree ... This guy didn't set records in college for dropping the ball, he set records for catching it. Hopefully his shoulder heals up nicely and he can become the WR he was at E.Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The topic was the 2017 WR corps and the first 2 players you list aren't WRs. The 3rd was a rookie with the worst catch% since targets became a stat, and the 4th played 5.25 games for the Bills.

Now moving into 2018 we have a hopefully healthy KB, Zay coming into his 2nd offseason with a clear head and a fixed shoulder, Holmes, Streater, Reilly, & Dupre. Looks like a solid X, a young slot guy with potential, and depth guys. We still need a Z. Here's hoping they pursue a Nelson, Pryor, Maclin type. Personally I think Nelson's experience would do a lot for the WR room as well as our young QBs.

Nelson to Raiders.       I’d like to see a dark horse like Brice Butler or Willie Snead 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/03/08/cowboys-free-agents-likely-depart-2018-wr-brice-butler-made-clear-wants-starter-unlikely-dallas

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-chase-michael-crabtree-after-29m-man-ryan-grant-reportedly-fails-physical/

Ryan Grant fails physical with Ravens, they will now chase Crabtree.

Makes me wonder if the Ravens came to their senses and maybe found a reason to fail him, especially when they seen Crabtree hit the market. I dont think Grant has missed a single game in his 4yrs in the league. I'll be curious to see if the reason he failed comes out... 

I thought $29M for Ryan Grant, who has a total of 84 receptions for 984yds (in his 4 year career!) was insane anyway. 

On 3/15/2018 at 6:23 AM, Nanker said:

Too bad that the Free Agency period is over now, and The Draft has been cancelled too. No hope in sight. 

Too bad we completely ignored the position last year showing no appreciation for their value

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

they will now chase Crabtree.

Ooh, high on crabreee

23 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Clay has not bee consistently healthy and production out of the position has been spotty.

Was just talking to my buddy about this yesterday.

He is like "so with all the QB and other fa moves we've made, we still don't have an new WRs or TEs... This is very concerning... I mean Clay shows flashes, but one game he will go for 110 yards, the next game he looks like he isn't even trying and finishes with 1 catch for 5 yards and 6 drops..."